La Frite (AML-S805X-AC)

Igor_K

2 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

What is your install media (emmc or usb)?

I tested armbian with one of the latest image (1 ou 2 weeks ago) and it worked using an usb key.

Have you updated the spi-nor firmware? Have you tried several usb keys?

I was trying to get into the boot menu first with Esc, to use EMMC as USB drive and flash drive with Etcher but nothing happens when I press Esc on boot.

No I did not update SPI. I was trying also to update SPI bootloader but even that was not possible. You think this might be a problem with the USB stick?

I did not try several USB keys.

4 hours ago, jeanrhum said:

Start first with that and try to upgrade the spi firmware: http://share.loverpi.com/board/libre-computer-project/libre-computer-board/aml-s805x-ac/firmware/

The readme explain how to do step by step.

Ok, I did it,  I did update firmware with another USB stick

But now when I enter boot menu after few sec boot menu dissapear and I have only black screen

Do I need to try with more several USB sticks?

41 minutes ago, Nevals_zgb said:

Do I need to try with more several USB sticks?

I suppose that the one you use for the firmware upgrade is ok. How do you copy armbian to the usb key? Echter is one of the recommanded software.

You can also try to use a usb2ttl dongle to have access to the serial console form more info about the boot process.

1 hour ago, jeanrhum said:

I suppose that the one you use for the firmware upgrade is ok. How do you copy armbian to the usb key? Echter is one of the recommanded software.

You can also try to use a usb2ttl dongle to have access to the serial console form more info about the boot process.

I flash eMMC with Echter.

I still can not run Armbian. After I flash EMMC and reboot board I have this and boar continues rebooting every few sec.

20200310_162513.jpg

Have you tried with an usb key without using the emmc flash?

Tonymac32 flash emmc with a specific procedure:

On 8/15/2019 at 7:11 AM, TonyMac32 said:

OK, so, if you are the sort to build it yourself, you can.  It's under WIP/CSC, and is currently kernel 5.2.y.  You can do a couple things, one is to flash the image (using etcher) to a USB keyfob, the other is to update your firmware, then use a USB A to A cable from the closest USB port to the IR sensor.  Power up, hitting escape to interrupt the boot process, then type in

ums 0 mmc 0

to get the device to show up on the host computer.  The use etcher to flash the image right to the eMMC on the La Frite.

It seems that burning emmc like usb key does not work.

On 3/17/2020 at 5:09 PM, Nevals_zgb said:

Does anyone have same problem on 512MB board like me?

TonyMac, did you try to test Armbian on 512MB La Frite?

Hey Nevals, 

I have the exact same problem, on a 512MB La Frite.

Debian distros boot up just fine, but i can't boot any Armbian distro...

I'm only using USB Sticks since i don't have an eMMC memory... And i've updated to u-boot-2019-04-r5

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego.

20 hours ago, naugul said:

Hey Nevals, 

I have the exact same problem, on a 512MB La Frite.

Debian distros boot up just fine, but i can't boot any Armbian distro...

I'm only using USB Sticks since i don't have an eMMC memory... And i've updated to u-boot-2019-04-r5

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Diego.

Hi Diego,

I did not find solution for this, there must be something wrong with this armbian image. I am also still waiting reply from TonyMac on this issue

Another question related to La Frite. 

My eMMC lost all the armbian installation if a left the board unused a couple of weeks? 

The eMMC can lost data if the board is not used? 

Is the third time I find my board "brain washed"