External USB/HDD boot script not working on BanananPi-M2

shanevanj

I have tried to use the nand-sata-install to allow me to boot the roots from an external USB HDD. It goes through the process but after rebooting, the "loading kernel" message appears and then nothing - I have tried this a few times and even used the latest version of the script on GitHub.

Any ideas on how to make this work - I have a external USB HDD (500mB).

Original boot.cmd:

setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 cgroup-enable=memory swapaccount=1 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=1"

after nand-sata-install - (before reboot)

root@bananapim2:/boot# cat boot.cmd
setenv bootargs "console=tty1 root=/dev/sda1 rootwait rootfstype=ext4 cgroup-enable=memory swapaccount=1 sunxi_ve_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_g2d_mem_reserve=0 sunxi_no_mali_mem_reserve sunxi_fb_mem_reserve=16 hdmi.audio=EDID:0 disp.screen0_output_mode=1920x1080p60 panic=10 consoleblank=0 enforcing=0 loglevel=1"

After reboot red light goes off, display clears, UDB HDD led comes on and then nothing else shows on display.