OrangePiLite2 Armbian Bionic/Stretch not booting

Syed Idris S B

The current image for OrangePiLite2 Armbian Bionic/Stretch not booting

I tried, Armbian_5.64.181019_Orangepilite2_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_4.18.15 and Armbian_5.64.181023_Orangepilite2_Debian_stretch_dev_4.18.16.

When connected to HDMI monitor, I just a red light up and nothing else.

However, this version of image works,

Armbian_5.59.180824_Orangepilite2_Debian_stretch_dev_4.18.0-rc7

I, too, am having issues with the latest builds. HDMI isn't working, but the board doesn't appear to be populating a serial port via micro USB for initial configuration. Is there some alternative way of configuring the board without HDMI and without a virtual serial port?

2 hours ago, gyrex said:

Is there some alternative way of configuring the board without HDMI and without a virtual serial port?

Via normal 3 wire serial port? MicroUSB serial console is enabled on H3/H5 stable builds, while here (development builds) you have to do make it if you want to use it.

4 hours ago, Igor said:

Via normal 3 wire serial port? MicroUSB serial console is enabled on H3/H5 stable builds, while here (development builds) you have to do make it if you want to use it.

OK, no problems, thanks Igor

On 10/25/2018 at 2:02 AM, Igor said:

Both works. Just HDMI is temporally broken. And this is not a problem since H6 support is still in development and will remain there for several months.

I've bought a OPI Lite 2 and want to develop on it, if it works but without video, what option do I have to login? Is there a way I can fix de HDMI driver on the source knowing what have you changed that break it?

6 minutes ago, AndreBotelho said:

I've bought a OPI Lite 2 and want to develop on it, if it works but without video, what option do I have to login? Is there a way I can fix de HDMI driver on the source knowing what have you changed that break it?

It will probably be fixed when we bump kernel to 4.19.y I fix things which I know where to fix them and if I have time for that.

If you want to help, do something simple first: https://www.armbian.com/get-involved

6 minutes ago, AndreBotelho said:

what option do I have to login?

Serial console.

47 minutes ago, AndreBotelho said:

Serial in what connection

There is a 3 pins Serial Debug header on every OrangePi boards. Simply hookup USB-TTL-Serial dongle on this header, those dongles are cheap, usually around $1 ... (I've around 10 of them in my lab)

On 11/6/2018 at 12:30 PM, martinayotte said:

There is a 3 pins Serial Debug header on every OrangePi boards. Simply hookup USB-TTL-Serial dongle on this header, those dongles are cheap, usually around $1 ... (I've around 10 of them in my lab)

Thanks,  I'll try to find one to buy, need another card to use with armbian too because I'm playing with Ubuntu version from orange pi site.