Powering over VDD-5V a nanopi M1

vr@m

Good morning all. I was trying to power up my nanopi M1 through the VDD_5V and GND pins shown in GPIO.jpg image and/or the power pins on the debug GPIO pins, the schematics of the board power electronics are attached too on page 7 and 8, may by I'm wrong but what I see on those schematics is that all the power switchs and DC/DC converters can be powered through those pins but when I do that using a USB cable cutted on the micro USB side and prepared with the right terminals to fit the pins -with a 5V USB charger- then the tension drops aproximatelly to 4.60-4.67 DCV, the board starts by lighting dimly the power LED (as normally) but when the power LED lights strongly also lights both ethernet LEDs and the board apparently freezes in that state like the processor didn't start at all.

What I've found is that the SY6280 and the SY8089 depend on the tension having a minimum value of 4.5 DCV so I can't find why the tesnsion drops to level described before unless the cables used are of bad quality even having cutted the micro USB part which if I'm right should have the termination.

NOTE: When the board is powerd from the micro USB with a good cable then I have aproximatelly 5,13 DCV on VDD_5V wich is normal, the cutted cables when they where complete didn't work to power the board through micro USB

Anyone has tried this before?, did it worked?.

GPIO.JPG

NanoPi-M1-1603B-Schematic.pdf

1 hour ago, vr@m said:

Good morning all. I was trying to power up my nanopi M1 through the VDD_5V and GND pins shown in GPIO.jpg image and/or the power pins on the debug GPIO pins, the schematics of the board power electronics are attached too on page 7 and 8, may by I'm wrong but what I see on those schematics is that all the power switchs and DC/DC converters can be powered through those pins but when I do that using a USB cable cutted on the micro USB side and prepared with the right terminals to fit the pins -with a 5V USB charger- then the tension drops aproximatelly to 4.60-4.67 DCV, the board starts by lighting dimly the power LED (as normally) but when the power LED lights strongly also lights both ethernet LEDs and the board apparently freezes in that state like the processor didn't start at all.

What I've found is that the SY6280 and the SY8089 depend on the tension having a minimum value of 4.5 DCV so I can't find why the tesnsion drops to level described before unless the cables used are of bad quality even having cutted the micro USB part which if I'm right should have the termination.

NOTE: When the board is powerd from the micro USB with a good cable then I have aproximatelly 5,13 DCV on VDD_5V wich is normal, the cutted cables when they where complete didn't work to power the board through micro USB

Anyone has tried this before?, did it worked?.

GPIO.JPG

NanoPi-M1-1603B-Schematic.pdf

Forgot everything you readed about this post, both cables where factory damaged just on the USB type side.