[Odroid HC2] PHP Fatal Error in Omv/ How to reinstall Omv?

trohn_javolta

I'm gonna keep this short. I installed Omv on my Odroid HC2 via armbian-config. I messed up and now cannot get into discs or filesystems tab in Omv and cannot add new shared folder.

Using a htpc script called Atomic Toolkit, I updated an app, I think nginx and by that the PHP 7.2 automatically was installed by the script.

Here is the thread on Omv.

I'm writing this in the hope that maybe @tkaiser or someone else may have an idea to fix this.

If not, I'll start over and would like to know how I can reinstall omv. In armbian-config I tried to untick omv and continue, but this does not remove omv :D

..Maybe I don't have to completely remove omv. I just want to make sure I have the "armbian omv" again.

Ok, it is settled, I'm gonna reinstall omv...but I don't know how to do it :(

Maybe someone could help me?

I tried to purge omv packages and reinstall it via armbian-config, which led to errors: https://github.com/armbian/config/issues/37#issuecomment-440919087 

Got the info that omv install via armbian-config is only supposed to work on a clean debian install.

However I don't plan on reinstalling armbian and start over again.

So, how would I reinstall omv and have all the specific armbian improvements?

37 minutes ago, trohn_javolta said:

However I don't plan on reinstalling armbian and start over again.

So, how would I reinstall omv and have all the specific armbian improvements?

Talk to OMV people to develop OMV cleaner. We will certainly not. :) This has nothing to do with Armbian/Debian. Use some sort of virtualization for the future to avoid such troubles.

26 minutes ago, Igor said:

Talk to OMV people to develop OMV cleaner. We will certainly not. :) This has nothing to do with Armbian/Debian. Use some sort of virtualization for the future to avoid such troubles.

For me it's overkill anyways. The reason I used it is because with other distros via smb I "only" got 60 mb/s transfer speed. I read the omv installed via armbian-config comes with enhancements, also in smb settings. And indeed with that I got 100 mb/s.

I'd happily ditch omv if I'd know what I have to change in smb settings to get that speed. Does the samba install from armbian-config come with same enhancements?..tbh I didn't try that yet.

On 11/22/2018 at 2:22 PM, Igor said:

Removed omv and installed samba. As expected, now I get like 60 mb/s transfer speed. What tweaks are made to omv's samba installed via armbian-config?

I copied and pasted the old smb conf, I guess there are important settings I have also set:

write cache size = 524288 

getwd cache = yes 

use sendfile = yes 

min receivefile size = 16384

Also I made sure samba process is running on big cores. Still only 60 mb/s.

8 hours ago, trohn_javolta said:

Also I made sure samba process is running on big cores. Still only 60 mb/s.

Don't know. Not my area of interest. I would need to search but you can also do that. I am pretty sure this topic was discussed. When found, you can sent changes to the armbian-config.