CSI interface Driver Problem

poffemre

Hello,

Unfortunately as I read from forums mainline kernel has no driver for gc2035 and v4l2 driver.

I have tried Armbian_5_65 and Armbian_5_59 debian stretch but they are not contains these drivers and eventually modprobe command fails.

As I understand, I have 2 different solutions to run camera on my system;

1- Going back to legacy build.

But I do not know how to go back the legacy build which is last supporter these drivers.

2- Installing required drivers. (Also I want to prefer this solution because going back to legacy build may cause some bugs)

How can I install required drivers to mainline stable build and where can I find them ?

I am a very very newcomer to this side. This is my very first experiment about Orange pi, soc and armbian OS.

Finally, I have Orange Pİ Plus 2e and CSI interface camera. I need to run this device with current hardware.

Thanks in advance.

13 minutes ago, poffemre said:

2- Installing required drivers. (Also I want to prefer this solution because going back to legacy build may cause some bugs)

How can I install required drivers to mainline stable build and where can I find them ?

if the required drivers for mainline would exist... we would already pack them with our images.. so you've to go back to the 3.4 kernel. Either by starting with with a legacy image e.g. with a xenial: https://dl.armbian.com/orangepiplus2e/Ubuntu_xenial_default_desktop.7z

I have tried legacy kernel. But unfortunately the problem mentioned at the link below occurs. (/dev/video is not appears)

People in this link has overcome with trying 5.20 jessie release.

Where can I get 5.20 jessie release ? I have not found in archive directory of download page. Is it possible build this specific kernel(3.4.112) from git repository ?

Downgrading via "apt-get install linux-image-sun8i=5.20"  command had not work.

Thank in advance @chwe

I have tried this solution before but result is same.

When I test my camera with motion sw; I face with "UNABLE TO OPEN VIDEO DEVICE" with a gray background. Like below;

fig2-gray-image.jpg.17d5721dcd6cd9bdc4905d81678de529.jpg

gc2035, vfe_v4l2, v4l2loopback drivers loads with no problem but I haven't got any result.

Also I tried fswebcam sw and I get the message below;

--- Opening /dev/video0...
Trying source module v4l2...
/dev/video0 opened.
No input was specified, using the first.
Unable to find a compatible palette format.

Hello again,

I have tried million of things but none of them works.

I found a post which is succeeded about running camera with gc2035 and v4l2 drivers on orange pi plus 2e. Link is below (look at 2. post).

http://www.orangepi.org/orangepibbsen/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=2578

But he tried in 5.20 jessie release. I've search everywhere about 5.20 jessie kernel but unfortunately I can't find.

I want to try 5.20 jessie kernel for OPi+2e in my last chance. Could you please help me about this image.

Thank in advance @chwe