G16 TVBOX

Batmah

Hardware :

Amlogic S905X , 3x22650 battery, SIM, EMMC SEC 8Gb, RTC with battery, AP6255 WiFi, 4G modem QUECTEL EC25-EFA-512-STD, IR, opt ZigBee

Q:

Please help me choose a Armbian image to write to the flash EMMC or mSD

thanx in advance

4G-G16-without-logo-version-4.jpg

@Batmah moved to TV boxes.  Actually looks somewhat interesting with the batteries, you can get far better capacities than pictured, too, I have 18650's at 2800 mAh.  More or less you need to find out what's inside, then figure out if a device tree exists for it.

9 hours ago, Batmah said:

I tried to boot the Armbian from the mSD card and ide-usb hard disk .
 attached log from the terminal 

1. Why did you erase the firmware of the eMMC.

kvim#store init 3

2. Carefully read the instructions for launching Armbian. You did not follow the important step of the instruction, did not add the correct dtb.

reading dtb.img
** Unable to read file dtb.img **

balbes150

Thank you !

1. I deleted Android 7.1 eMMC because in this version of the android there was no menu to add an google account , there was no playmarket, there were no root, there was no update&upgrade / Unusable Android 7.1

2. I did not find a way to get dtb.img from eMMC , and Amlogic Burning Tool cannot detect TVBOX

Then I burn to eMMC  image miniM8SII rv112 , and TVBOX can start now ; hdmi , wifi and usb mouse are  ok . 

Then I update Android with aml_autoscript s905x , and can start ArmbianMate for S912 from mSD ( works well for over a year on another S912 )

I will continue the tests

Armbian 5.32 on mSD card

Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS 3.14.29

USB Devices :

1d6b:0003 root hub

258a:1005 BT    tested ok

2c7c:0125 modem 4G LTE

1a40:0801 Terminus Technology Inc.

1d6b:0002 root hub

wifi tested ok

Armbian 5.89  21-06-2019 mSD card 8Gb

all devices are recognized
however, the LTE modem does not work.
Also, the installation of the operating system on emmc from the configurator was unsuccessful. On emmc, partitions are created, files are there, the booting starts and then "no root fs"

• Werner locked this topic