device recommendation ?

ttt7

I'd like to run a small network server, nodejs, PHP.

• size is NOT important
  • never turned off => power consumption is somewhat important
  • at least 80 GB of storage, needs SSD support (?), if so, would hope it can boot from SSD
  • 100 Mbps is ok
  • would prefer a score of at least 1000 on Passmark

Thank you for any suggestions

4 hours ago, ttt7 said:

I'd like to run a small network server, nodejs, PHP.

• size is NOT important
  • never turned off => power consumption is somewhat important
  • at least 80 GB of storage, needs SSD support (?), if so, would hope it can boot from SSD
  • 100 Mbps is ok
  • would prefer a score of at least 1000 on Passmark

for 80GB of Storage a real SSD would be better - I dont think you want to put your data on a 200GB MicroSD?

A real SSD could be connected via USB 2.0/3.0. If you only need 100MBit Ethernet then a USB 2.0 with 480MBit should handle that.

A low power SBC would be the NanoPi Neo2 (512MB/1GB) in the silver NAS-Case from FriendlyARM there is a 2.5" SATA Connector (USB 3.0 SATA Controller connected to USB 2.0 internally). The whole system has one 12V power connector.

On the other hand there are newer systems like the Ordoid HC-1 which also has a SATA-Connector, but maybe draw a bit more power (better CPU-Power).

Or you could try to find a SBC with M2-SSD Connector.
The NanoPi Duo with the additionally board for connectors has only a halfsize M2-Port and FriendlyARM only did sell a 45GB Version of the short SSD.

The NanoPC-T4 has a PCIe M.2 M-Key PCIe X4 socket for a SSD on the bootom PCB side (not like other SBC the SSD monted above the CPU - HOT)

I dont know abot a score of  1000 on passmark - but could a SBC reach 1000 with a 100MBps (ethernet port?) 

I run my home server on an Odroid-XU4, the original form factor for the Odroid HC1.  I can throw my support behind that platform.  

- File Server

- Plex Media Server

Current up time is 72 days, I usually do a reboot after running updates.