MCP2515 (SPItoCAN) on Tinker Board?

Doglio27

Hello, I'm also interested in MCP2515 CAN,

I've run it with tinkerOS, with raspberry Pi, so I have working module.

I'm fine building DTS Overlay with MCP2515 or kernel with it's built-in support.

What I havent understood from the begining is how to init SPI bus and init MCP module/ MCP's dtbo at system load.

Raspberry PI have config file for that stuff: /boot/config.txt

tinkerOS have /boot/hw_intf.conf

Do I able to initiate SPI & CAN init with armbian, if Yes, can anybody guides me to - HOW?

Well, in something other than all capital letters, the explanation is that the kernel does not fully support overlays just yet.  Also, you neglected to tell me what kernel you are using.  The 4.14 images have broken spidev right now, I haven't fixed it since I didn't notice until recently, and we have the 4.19 kernel nearly debugged, which will replace 4.14.  Dev images at least support the spidev so you could use CAN in user space.  Until I add the mcp2515 to the kernel module list (I can't remember if it's there), a dt overlay won't help anyway.

8 hours ago, Doglio27 said:

Where can I find 4.19?

It is available as nightly build through dl.armbian.com

@lefedor only 4.4/4.14/4.19 kernels exist at this time, but none have proper dtoverlay support as yet.  So you would have to modify the device tree yourself and recompile it, again assuming that CAN controller driver is in the kernel.