Channel swapping problem BPi M1+ SPDIF, I2S output

Konzol

Banana Pi M1+

There is a very strange issue using SPDIF and/or I2S output. ( mpd, alsa,  Armiban 4.4, kernel: 3.4.109-banana )

When starting play a new audio track, the left and right channel random swapping.

Upgrading Alsa mpd does not helps. It looks this is known, a kernel level problem. for example:

http://mailman.alsa-project.org/pipermail/alsa-devel/2011-February/037038.html

Any suggestion how can I solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

There were two major changes in driver since that kernel, but I don't know if it's related / fixed. If you are in a rush, you will need to build a kernel by yourself.

Installed the new kernel with your patch, the channel  swapping issue is not solved, but it looks like solved the glitch, noise and freeze issue when change the track or seeking in the track.

In my latest patch fixed issue when change the track or seeking in the track only. I don't use SPDIF and I don't know exists this issue in original linux-sunxi sources or not. I have found swapping channels when recording, but I can't fix it yet.

Hi nikkov!

Thank you you answare! I found this issue every tested 3.4.xxx kernel. I think the root of the issue could be very similar  to those experienced OMAP platform. (See my first post!). When I start a streem on SPDIF output randomly swapped the left and right channel. The FIFO does not contains valid audio data, only zero, which cause the channel swapping... I think...