1 1
digik

Reboot:system halted instead of proper shutdown

In my orange pi plus 2e I have installed the latest version of armbian based on ubuntu bionic 18.04.1 (kernel 4.14.84-sunxi) and it works fine, but when I try to shutdown (either with "sudo poweroff" or "sudo shutdown -h now") it displays "reboot: system halted" and I need to unplug everything manually. Is a workaround to make armbian to shut down the opi properly and possibly to power it back again from his power putton instead of plug and unplug it every time?

I read in some other posts that the power putton of the opi is not connected to everything, but this is definitely not true: with android everything works just fine, so it's an armbian (pretty annoying) problem.

2 hours ago, digik said:

it displays "reboot: system halted" and I need to unplug everything manually.

Read those thread :

2 hours ago, digik said:

but this is definitely not true: with android everything works just fine

This is because Android authors are using secret blob which is not opensource ...

the "ubuntu xenial default desktop" works too and it's not android. You cannot power it back on from it's own pushbutton, but at least it shuts down properly when you give the "sudo poweroff" command and the board stays cool in standby. It's so hard to avoid the "system halted" issue on the latest releases?

Sorry if the community feels offended, but if issues like this will not fixed the board will never be competitive. Of course the manufacturer (sunxi, or whathever it's called) should cooperate seriously with the community, otherwise it will be out of business very soon. The opi has already a pretty bad reputation and if nothing will be made, I guarantee that this will be the last one that I've bought from sunxi.

The manufacturer of the board isn't paying Armbian. Armbian is a group of volunteers making a Linux distribution.

They're also not paying sunxi. sunxi is a group of volunteers making a Linux kernel for Allwinner SoC's.

If you want to get mad at someone for the poor software support for your board, get made at Xunlong, the company you actually paid for a product you feel is inadequate.

Don't get mad at the people spending their free time making things better for you, without you giving anything back to them.

Because you have chosen wisely for a H3 product, your problem should be solvable.

On 12/7/2018 at 8:49 PM, digik said:

my orange pi plus 2e

Is this a fresh install?

IIRC does this device come with a proper voltage regulator. That said I guess it should be possible to shutdown completely, however I have no clue about the power-on button. @Igor, what is your take on that, does the OPi Plus 2E also need the AR100-Software or is my text correct?

33 minutes ago, chrisf said:

Don't get mad at the people spending their free time

straight to the point - thank you