NanoPC T4 changing boot sequence

morfane

Hello everyone,

I have an issue in here. I'm very new to these things so have little knowledge and thus, forgive me if i ask something stupid but i have a problem.

I have installed armbian debian verson to my NanoPC T4 and installed i3wm and did a lot of configuration and filled it with junk but i almost achieved what i'm trying to. Yet as i mentioned, i also filled with a lot of junk while trying to achieve my setup for my project.  Anyway, from what i know is that what i'm asking is not the linux way but while trying, i found a problem on my case.

I wanted to make a clean installation and fill the things i found out worked with the setups i came up but when i installed the microSD to its socket and reboot, it rebooted from eMMC again. I have tried with 3 different microSDs and still no solution on the issue. So the thing came up to my mind that while i was messing around and switching the kernels at the beginningat first for solving the sound problem or doing some other things, i might messed up with the root sequence tough i dont know how.

So what i'm asking is how can i set the booting priority to microSD socket first and then eMMC? or make sure that the sequence is right but the problems are coming from the SD cards?

And while i was checking, i have a very small and cheap NVMe SSD card and the question also came to my mind that is it possible to make a NVMe SSD can be a bootable drive?

Thank you all reading and trying to help.

37 minutes ago, morfane said:

how can i set the booting priority to microSD socket first and then eMMC?

You can't change the boot priority itself, since this is achieve by Rockchip ROM.

But you can prevent eMMC to be clocked by simply holding the "boot" button while doing the "reset" ...