MXQ Pro 4k s905x p212 Bricked with no recovery

morphiswin

Hi, long story short I managed to flash a rom that killed my dual booting and my recovery, it now locks up on splash screen just after boot BUT i can still launch armbian from a SD card and only armbian (I tried a libreelec build which worked previously dual booting but no longer works). I am no where near knowledgeable enough to know where to start or if its even possible to flash a recovery through armbian? Any help will be hugely appreciated, thanks.

18 hours ago, morphiswin said:

Hi, long story short I managed to flash a rom that killed my dual booting and my recovery, it now locks up on splash screen just after boot BUT i can still launch armbian from a SD card and only armbian (I tried a libreelec build which worked previously dual booting but no longer works). I am no where near knowledgeable enough to know where to start or if its even possible to flash a recovery through armbian? Any help will be hugely appreciated, thanks.

1. What version of Armbian on SD card.

2. Which dtb is specified in the Armbian launch settings.

3. What version Libreelec ceased to run.

4. What firmware and how did you recorded a TV box.

Hi thanks for replying back and thanks for linking me Tido, but I still couldn't get anywhere with this box. I'll try explain more clearly as to what I've managed to do to it lol. Currently I can dual boot, on my internal storage I have an android rom with no root, a default recovery which has broken my pressing reset button to flash over usb. On the sd card I can boot into armbian, iv'e tried 3 images and they all work. So to the point: Is there a way for me to flash a recovery.img or my box's default android system.img to my internal storage through armbian? As I cannot do anything through the android that is currently installed. It's unrootable and the otb installer is broken in the rom so I cant flash through that either. Thanks!

I understood correctly, you can't run USB Burn Tool ?  Disconnect all devices from the TV box (including the mains power supply). Run the program on your PC. Select the desired firmware in the program. Put a Daw on" Erase boot "and press"Start". Only after that, plug the USB cable into the PC and TV box ( what you do not need to press Button, the power supply must be turned off).

• Werner locked this topic