[Info] difference OLD<->LTS Neo2 and NAS-case

guidol

Because today I did get my Black-Friday NanoPi Neo2 LTS 1GB I swapped my old Neo2 against this new 1Gb LTS-version.

After assembling the new LTS to the fresh heatsink I did a testdrive and all went fine (network etc).

So I did try to put the faceplate back on the case but it doenst fit.

At the time when I did buy the case there was also a faceplate for the normal H3 Neo delivered.

So for the new LTS Neo2 I had to use the faceplate for the H3-Neo, because the new LTS Neo2 has the USB-Port aligned like the H3-Neo .

The old Neo2 has his USB-Port (on the main Neo2-PCB) a bit shifted against the Network-port.

Also the new LTS Neo2 has the Ethernet LEDs upside down against the old Neo2 AND

the MicroSD-Slot is now click-inserted (which the old Neo2 didnt had).

At the attached picture you could the the old Neo2 (IP22) with the shifted USB-Port in the NAS-case
(like the old Neo2 in the black Aluminium case - but PCB upside-down)
and the new LTS Neo2 (IP23) in the NAS-case with the aligned USB-Port beside the Ethernet-Port.

Neo2_OLD_against_LTS_Ports_red.jpg

3 hours ago, guidol said:

So for the new LTS Neo2 I had to use the faceplate for the H3-Neo, because the new LTS Neo2 has the USB-Port aligned like the H3-Neo .

The old Neo2 has his USB-Port (on the main Neo2-PCB) a bit shifted against the Network-port.

Yeah - they changed the connector from SMT to pins/staked on the 1.1 board which changes the mechanical stack dimensions... along with the migrating UART/Audio pinout locations...

NEO v1.3 and NEO2 v.1.1 (and perhaps LTS) should be pretty close...