Le Potato i2c bus

WZ9V

If I do i2cdetect -y 0 I don't see the device id I expect to 0x10 but I do see 0x30 and 0x50 which I shouldn't because there should only be one device at 0x10.  I only see one i2c bus at /dev/i2c-0.  

Is that the i2c bus using header pins 3 and 5 which is where my device is attached?

If not how would I enable the bus on pins 3 and 5?

http://ix.io/1wtZ

BTW i2cdetect -l says

i2c-0    i2c           DesignWare HDMI                     I2C adapter

My best guess is that /dev/i2c-0 is picking up an i2c channel on the hdmi interface and not the one on header pins 3 and 5.  The docs say you can enable onboard i2c/spi via the armbian_config System->Hardware menu but I don't have the menu option when I run it from the Applications menu.

OK, I'm adding the I2C for that to the device tree.  For 4.19 I'll toss a set of overlays out so the various hardware can be configured at will.

Install the deb attached into your 4.14 install and let me know if it works for you.

Not complete, I need to add proper processor pin names for a few of these yet:

image.png.998f8126f294add46daf02938fde4076.png

linux-dtb-meson64_5.67_arm64.deb

Thanks, worked great.  I now see bus /dev/i2c-0 and /dev/i2c-1 and my device id shows up on /dev/i2c-0

i2cdetect -l

i2c-1    i2c           DesignWare HDMI                     I2C adapter
i2c-0    i2c           Meson I2C adapter                   I2C adapter

Looking forward to the future update with the overlays and eMMC, I have what I need to try and port the Pi-Top device support over now.

Hi,

I'm having same issue.  

i2cdetect -l shows me only:

i2c-0    i2c           DesignWare HDMI                     I2C adapter

And no device detected at bus /dev/i2c-1. It should be typically detected at 0x60. I've connected the sensor at pin 3 and 5.  And I'm running 4.19.55+ kernel. Any idea how to solve this? Thanks!