when did you last donate to the armbian project ?

Tido

Hi,

You know the servers running not for free, the Terabytes of traffic cost as well and all the time spent by the armbian team is a great help to you too, right?

So, please login to your PayPal account and throw a couple bucks to the project  https://www.armbian.com/donate/   another way to say: Thank You - just better!

Thank you in advance

PS: I say this as a user, not Moderator - I have private live too :-)

Well I sent a euro the dec/20/2018 from crystalskate@gmail.com for the orange pi zero h2 armbian images

but now I subscribed as 1 euro a month automatically, so keep all armbians flashplayer ready if you like that subscription :P

I like flash player in my browser, I like flash player in my standalones specially, heck if I could Id like flash player in my boot screen or even before I start the pi, Id like to see my flashplayer through the microscope sleeping cuddly in the sd card.

You've authorized a €1.00 EUR monthly donation to
igor.pecovnik.armbian@gmail.com

Just now, NicoD said:

I don't have a smart phone, don't want one. If I need a computer with me I take an SBC with a small display with Armbian running on it. It does more for me than a smart phone can do.
I like the liberty of doing what I want with a device...
But don't use flash. Thats so 2000 :)

All donate. Armbian is the saviour of SBC's.

On 1/2/2019 at 3:41 PM, lanefu said:

Quick suggestion --- also add donate link  in plain site at top of forum....    

I was further along in the thread, and I impulsively decided to donate, and so I scrolled to top of forum and no link so i had to work for it ;P

Well, great to know you finally found it  :thumbup:

On 12/28/2018 at 2:57 PM, Tido said:

Hi,

You know the servers running not for free, the Terabytes of traffic cost as well and all the time spent by the armbian team is a great help to you too, right?

So, please login to your PayPal account and throw a couple bucks to the project  https://www.armbian.com/donate/   another way to say: Thank You - just better!

Thank you in advance

PS: I say this as a user, not Moderator - I have private live too :-)

Just did right now, thanks for the reminder

Donated about two days ago.  The community "vibe" was part of it, and also a a somewhat restrained anti-rpi kept to a minimum, prompted me.  (I'm a big "Pi-Core" / Dcore / Tinycore fan as well.  I don't run Raspbian much as PiCore fascinates me much more instead).

For me, it's just as much of a cool community helping each other out, as it is the hardware itself.  I see similarities between the vibe of Armbian, Tinycore, and even Busybox, fullfilling the small-ish group centric thing that our originators, Ken Thompson / Dennis Ritchie / Doug McIlroy / Brian Kernighan and the whole host of others who had the "drive" to do something unique and interesting and helpful for others....

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but I can feel a common thread going waaay back.

8 hours ago, PDP11 said:

and also a a somewhat restrained anti-rpi kept to a minimum, prompted me.  (I'm a big "Pi-Core" / Dcore / Tinycore fan as well.  I don't run Raspbian much as PiCore fascinates me much more instead).

depends which threads you look at.. :lol::ph34r:

The RPi isn't a bad board.. People just try to do insane things with it.. And their last iteration has IMO some really annoying drawbacks.. Which is sometimes a bit annoying when you try to explain it to a RPi fan. Some of them tend to ignore that there are other boards which might fit better for their use-case as a Pi.

Similar to some boards we support are probably not the best choice when you want a TV box for hardware accelerated video decoding. If you buy by use-case and not by price you mostly get a good one for the job you have (I have some OPi Zeros which perform perfect for my needs there but system load in average is below 10% for the job it has)...

Anyway.. this post went a 'bit' off-topic..

No problem - for me what I donated to was the project, the people, and not necessarily the specific ARM hardware/software support.

The devs here are certainly passionate, as well as the users, and that passion is what I donated to.  I think there is a lot of unspoken appreciation for the work under the hood, but unless one raises their voice, or contributes in some fashion, it can become easy to be discouraged and wonder what's the point?

It's not about the money.  If you use Armbian, lurkers drop a little donation to keep it up and running.  It's one small way to let the devs know they aren't operating in a vacuum.