Ayfan's Rockchip 4.20.0 tag

Hi to all Armbian Devs,

According to my local experience done today with newly Ayufan's 4.20.0 tag done this morning, it seems to be quite ready ...

(Except for my failure to get eMMC running on RockPro64, but works well on OPi-RK3399 and NanoPC-T4)

So, I'm asking you if I should commit all those stuff !!!

@TonyMac32 during those builds, I see 2 patches broken, I didn't investigated, but maybe those patches are simply not relevant anymore and can be deleted :

[ warn ] * [l][c] renegade-add-uhs.patch [ failed ]
[ warn ] * [l][c] rk3328-add-GRF-GPIO.patch [ failed ]

One my side, I need to fix some patches too :

[[[0;35m warn [[0m] * [[[32ml[[0m][[[32mc[[0m] fix-rockpro64-pmic-int-l.patch [[[0;33m failed [[0m]
[[[0;35m warn [[0m] * [[[32ml[[0m][[[32mc[[0m] general-add-overlay-compilation-support.patch [[[0;33m failed [[0m]

The first one is not relevant : Ayufan fixed it already by cheery-picking my fix.

Second one is not a big issue : "make dtbs" and "make dtbs-install" are not target anymore in 4.20.y, but DTB and DTBO for overlays seems to be build anyway, maybe embedded to "make Image" ...

So, if all Devs involved give me "green light", I will push 4.20.0 changes ASAP !!!

Ok, the UHS and GRF-GPIO patches are both superseded and present upstream.

only note from patches:

To use this feature, the following options are required in kernel config:
 - CONFIG_GPIO_SYSCON=y
 - CONFIG_POWER_AVS=y
 - CONFIG_ROCKCHIP_IODOMAIN=y

Is any one else having problems with USB3 devices on rock64 with the 4.20 kernel?  U-boot seems to recognize that the device (a Samsung T1 ssd) is there but once I get the kernel starting message there is no power to the device.  I can boot the  that device on the 4.19-rc4 kernel.     

I'll take a look, my Rock64 is unfortunately a Rev 1, so there are some differences, but I don't think any are in the USB pathway.  On my Renegade (similar) I seem to be having trouble with one of the USB 2.0 ports, still debugging.

Thanks everyone for checking on this.  In my case, I have narrowed the problematic  devices down to USB storage devices (all are USB3--don't have any 2's).  I've tested with the samsung T1,  a WD Passport HD,  a Sandisk USB stick--in no cases are they recognized by the rock64 on 4.20  On a RockPro64 (3399) with the 4.20 kernel. they are all powered on and recognized when I plug them in.   I notice that the uas module is not loaded on the rock64 I boot the device with one of those plugged in.    I tried force loading it using initramfs,  and it loads,  but the device(s) is still not available.  As I mentioned before,  I was actually booting from the Samsung t1 on the 4.19 kernel.   If any one want to see logs--I have a great number of them :-).  If noone else is seeing this, though,   I just keep trying to figure out what is broken.   

thanks again.