Known SBCs with true video acceleration?

petatester

I had boards like Asus TinkerBoard or others with AMLogic chips that have the hardware support but lack the software part.

Does Armbian have support for some SBCs with "true" video acceleration for linux? (aka vendor is not an asshole that doesn't share the required drivers to use the features it sells?).

15 hours ago, petatester said:

with "true" video acceleration for linux

Currently, out of the box, it works on all Allwinner A10, A20, A64, H3 with legacy kernel and pre-installed mpv player. Ancient Cubietruck, 1st supported board, can easily handle 1080p ... for other platforms and modern kernel its somewhere between OOB and non existing ... It's some work while our resources are tiny.

52 minutes ago, Igor said:

Currently, out of the box, it works on all Allwinner A10, A20, A64, H3 with legacy kernel and pre-installed mpv player. Ancient Cubietruck, 1st supported board, can easily handle 1080p ... for other platforms and modern kernel its somewhere between OOB and non existing ... It's some work while our resources are tiny.

Ty for replying. Of course i understand that it's not an easy task, what i don't understand is why vendors themselves don't provide the required software.

If people can use your board to do what they want easily, they will buy it before any other alternative :S I guess they expect the community to get the work done for free.

19 minutes ago, petatester said:

why vendors themselves don't provide the required software.

Because software development and item support is expensive and they have a limited amount that can be blasted on this. They still have to make a profit.

20 minutes ago, petatester said:

I guess they expect the community to get the work done for free.

Some help more, some nothing, but majority is done for free by the community. Linux is a community project per see and if you want a quality Linux, you have to do something about.

Our capitalistic world function on the principle that winner takes it all - if you get a huge popularity and related big sales numbers, you don't need to give not a single dollar back to the community, while on the other hand, you have.