Cubieboard 2: Armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial - repository issues?

Piie

Hi

After doing a clean install to SD card of armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial, I see multiple failures to install packages like Docker and Gitlab via apt-get.

In both instances, I follow instructions as per the official pages, but when I try to do the installation, apt-get will report that "E: Package 'docker-ce' has no installation candidate" for example, even though it is present searching in the cache. 

Am I doing something wrong - perhaps I need another repository source?

On 1/5/2019 at 7:58 AM, Piie said:

Hi

After doing a clean install to SD card of armbian 5.3 Ubuntu Xenial, I see multiple failures to install packages like Docker and Gitlab via apt-get.

In both instances, I follow instructions as per the official pages, but when I try to do the installation, apt-get will report that "E: Package 'docker-ce' has no installation candidate" for example, even though it is present searching in the cache. 

Am I doing something wrong - perhaps I need another repository source?

I suspect you were trying to do this with a kernel 3.4.y? That one is waaay too old for Docker.  Whenever you are asking for help, please do provide logs that we know what you are talking about. Type:

armbianmoninor -u

and try to use armbian-config way of installing Docker which is tested way. But it can also be something else, like network related problems?