Switch branches between dev and next (Pinebook)

UltraBloxX

Hello! I'm using Armbian Stretch for 1080P Pinebook A64.

I've installed Armbian Stretch about 2 months ago, when it was still "Unsupported" and in-development. Now, however, it's supported.

Currently, I'm on Armbian Stretch 5.60 and dev branch. I would like to update to 5.69 and next branch. However, from armbian-config, I'm only able to go from stable to nightly build (5.68, but still dev branch). Moreover, I can't select next kernel from Other menu. Is there a way to switch branches (barring re-flashing from latest image)?

Apparently, I can install 5.70 dev kernel, but armbian-config would still display 5.60. And selecting any next kernels in armbian-config results in "Removing current kernel", then installing new kernel, but after reboot, uname -r still shows same dev kernel running. This looks like a bug in armbian-config.

1 hour ago, UltraBloxX said:

uname -r still shows same dev kernel running

DEV kernels are as is. Nobody pay any attention to that. If you are upgrading from DEV to anywhere it might work ... or not.

Versions showed in motd doesn't change, because reading comes from BSP ... here https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1129 you can read about version problematic more in details.

Since you forgot to supply logs (armbianmonitor -u), I can't say anything for sure.