Monitor for M4

brodon

What do I need to use a separate monitor for my M4. . . . . keeping in mind, I've used nothing but MS Windows up to this point.  Saying that I'm  a novice when it comes to Linex, etc. is an understatement.  I'm actually having someone else do the initial set for me.

If I understand the article I just read correctly, there is a video board and 7" monitor made to work with the R. Pi 3. That implies to me that getting a seperate video signal requires an additional interface/board.

As overly simplified (and a bit embarrassing as the question is)  do I simply  attach an HDMI cable  to my existing monitor for video?  I've just bought the M4 and the tech from the local computer is doing the set up for me.  So that kind to tells just how ignorant I am of anything besides  Windows.

i.e.  do I simply attach HDMI cable from the M4 to  my existing monitor. ..  or is there a seperate board needed?

For the NanoPi M4 all HDMI monitors should work.
The Raspberry Pi monitors connected with MIPI-DSI (ribbon cable) do not work on the NanoPi M4. MIPI CSI/DSI ports are not compatible with Raspberry Pi`s.

If you want a monitor with DSI you should buy it from FriendlyElec.