RK3328 Media Script (Rock64, Renegade)

JMCC

On 3/22/2019 at 10:54 PM, NicoD said:

Thank you. I can also say I changed to glamor on kernel 4.4.167.  Chromium instantly froze when playing a video.
I then changed to armsoc again with the script.  I again played video for +1 hour, and it crashed 2 times(aw snap!)
So now I'm not sure if I had luck the last time that it didn't crash, or if it's because I've done the script multiple times with different settings. 
But it's clearly more stable with 4.4.167 and armsoc. 

I'll see how things go with a clean install with 4.4.167 and glamor as first time choice. 

It does feel very snappy to work with, surfing is nice. Strange thing is that kdenlive works with the script installed, while on the RK3399's and the Tinker Board it stops it from working. 

Okay, so I tested with the very last kernel (4.4.174 IIRC), and armsoc works fine for me in general. I played videos in Chromium for about 15 min with no problems. I recommend using full-screen, it's much smoother. I could play 1080p without big issues, as long as I allowed it to clock up to 1.51Ghz and use some active cooling to prevent throttling. Notice I am using a Renegade, maybe the faster RAM gives it some extra punch here over the Rock64.

Glamor is a no-no with this SoC. Rockchip developed their tweaked driver for RK3288, that supports OpenGLES 3. But RK3328's Mali 450 only supports GLES 2, so it is very buggy here, while it works just fine in RK3399.

The Chromium 32-bit setup needs more work, it is too unstable yet.

For last, all KMS players work flawlessly for me (Gstreamer, Kodi, MPV-GBM).

19 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Okay, so I tested with the very last kernel (4.4.174 IIRC), and armsoc works fine for me in general. I played videos in Chromium for about 15 min with no problems. I recommend using full-screen, it's much smoother. I could play 1080p without big issues, as long as I allowed it to clock up to 1.51Ghz and use some active cooling to prevent throttling. Notice I am using a Renegade, maybe the faster RAM gives it some extra punch here over the Rock64.

Glamor is a no-no with this SoC. Rockchip developed their tweaked driver for RK3288, that supports OpenGLES 3. But RK3328's Mali 450 only supports GLES 2, so it is very buggy here, while it works just fine in RK3399.

The Chromium 32-bit setup needs more work, it is too unstable yet.

For last, all KMS players work flawlessly for me (Gstreamer, Kodi, MPV-GBM).

Thank you for checking. Strange.
I'm having a different result with the same parameters, except that it's the Rock64 I'm using.
I'll check again tomorrow.

If anyone else would like to try the script on the Rock64, please do.

@JMCC Progress.
I downloaded the image again. I downloaded the script again, I used another 4A PSU, an SD-card instead of eMMC, another wifi dongle. But still the same. After I installed the script, I reboot, open Chromium and play a video. After 2 minutes hard crash and the system reboots.

Then I noticed the only thing I didn't change was my usb hub. I can't use my wifi dongles when they're plugged into the Rock64(can't find my network, but it finds all the others(also weird)), but they work external plugged in a usb hub. So I switched the hub for an extension usb-chord.
I haven't had any crash since then. +3 hours now. I can't hardly believe this usb hub is the cause, and why that one kernel doesn't have the reboot with that hub. The hub does have a problem, when the Rock64 reboots, it doesn't turn on the usb devices at boot. So I had to replug them every time.
Now I don't have this with the extension cable.

I do still sometimes have the "aw snap". But not much. Mostly when it's on 1080p. 720p 30 is perfect(Youtube), 720p 60fps also doesn't work well. Some 1080p works perfect, most doesn't.
I'll keep testing to see what happens. It's looking good now. The few "aw snap"'s are acceptable. I've watched multiple videos now.

If anyone could try this script on his rock64 and see how Youtube plays in 1080p with Chromium/Firefox, that would be awesome.

Sorry for the hassle. I hope it's ok now. The video is comming in a couple of days now. Thank you. Cheers.

43 minutes ago, NicoD said:

The video is comming in a couple of days

Nice. I would appreciate if you can make some commentary saying that the media script stuff is under testing, as a way to test the full media implementation that we are developing to fully integrate it into Armbian.

1 minute ago, JMCC said:

Nice. I would appreciate if you can make some commentary saying that the media script stuff is under testing, as a way to test the full media implementation that we are developing to fully integrate it into Armbian.

I will do that. I'll also say not yet to use it on a productive image.
I'll also ask to leave a comment on the video on how well it works. I wonder if it's me having these buffer issues or if it's all Rock64's.

I've been watching youtube now for hours with little problems. But it just crashed again. Hard crash, no reboot, everything blocked.
So there's still something wrong. I hope it's with my Rock64.

I just tried the usb-hub again. And after seconds it carshed the video. So I think my problem is somewhere with the usb/wifi. I'll plug it into my modem tonight without wifi and let it run the night and see if it also does it.

On 3/26/2019 at 7:03 AM, JMCC said:

Glamour works fine for me with a Renegade-4GB and compositing (ON)  If I turn it off, then windows are terribly slow.

Chromium crashes after just a few mins, htop shows FULL CPU usage and I am overclocked to 1.5, no matter if it's 720p or 1080p, CPU is 100%

Anyway, here is a video of Glamour being used without any problems at all. Stable as a rock. Chrome just quits however, my video stops.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1lOw1I3_ZxoAzUrRKaL1joGYONVrFlyia

Here is the CPU usage using Renegade-4GB and Glamour desktop with streaming video from youtube Full screen and window.

I seriously am yet to find any issue with Glamour. Chromium is very temprimental and doesnt seem to be using gl at all.

Icons do get corrupted once they are selected or dragged but that's about it.

Sample test media is free from https://4kmedia.org/ultra-hd-hdr-samsung-4k-demo-wonderland/

Video of Renegade with Glamour trying to play content is below:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wbbn2TqNwCRdSPG1tVvLAIMUro0MHkqy

Video plays using MPV even in 4k sample media, saved to miniSD however, its terribly slow. Maybe due to the screen re-sizing required while it's playing.

1080P samples found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8leorFMy0rg

CPU is way too high for assisted video, however, I can stilll use the Renegade while playing video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-0WFxdCQ4X6pML5P0dFi2Bb8A9ri8v60

Here is the CPU usage using Renegade-4GB and Glamour desktop with streaming video from youtube Full screen and window.

I seriously am yet to find any issue with Glamour. Chromium is very temperamental and doesn't seem to be using gl at all.

**Icons do get corrupted once they are selected or dragged but that's about it.

**UPDATE**

- So, not satisfied with my testing, I have done a (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade) on the device, then re-installed the media script with (sudo sh ./media-script)

Then, installed system with Glamor and then re-ran the script and installed all the others excluding system and rebooted.

Compositing is ON

This has fixed the Icon corruption seen in my previous version and, MVP now uses HW acceleration. This means something was broken in my previous attempt so, I am going to re-make another Test Video and upload it to google drive for you to see.

I will also re-test Chromium. Let's see!

1080P sample found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8leorFMy0rg

Here's my proof test video.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-e0a3tyRRL3B2XWbl2dvvXeGcMazyajp

Just to recap for those that don't want to watch the video, here are my findings.

Using board - Rockchip 3328 4GB DD4 Renegade (ROC-RK3328-CM) by FireFly.

OS - Armbian_5.75_Renegade_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.174_desktop.7z

https://dl.armbian.com/renegade/Ubuntu_bionic_default_desktop.7z

Steps taken:

- Install default Armbian image as seen above.

- Download and extract JMCC's media Enhancement script ready for installation.

- Update Armbian 5.75 image with apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade

- Re-Ran media-script and firstly, only selected System and installed Glamor.

- Re-ran media-script again, selected ALL applications except System (because I did it in previous step)

- reboot the device

Results:

- Icon corruption has now been fixed. The desktop is still nice and snappy. (Compositing is ON)

- MVP player now plays 1080p sample video with CPU to spare. (acceleration seems to be working)

- MVP works well in window resized mode or full screen. Both seem fine with CPU to spare!

*- MVP 4k video is still not working properly in either Windowed or Full screen.

- Chromium seems smoother in 720p mode, still a bit flakey, however, instead of crashing a refresh can be done. (CPU usage too high.)

- Chromium is no good in 1080p or above in full screen or windowed. (CPU usage is too high, HW acceleration must be not working.)

10 hours ago, Shades_aus said:

Icon corruption has now been fixed. The desktop is still nice and snappy. (Compositing is ON)

Yes, but you probably are experiencing the bug that desktop icons disappear, aren't you? That happens randomly when you enable compositing under Glamor.

Plus, you may also notice that scrolling in text windows is terribly slow and abrupt with Glamor enabled.

- MVP player now plays 1080p sample video with CPU to spare. (acceleration seems to be working)

- MVP works well in window resized mode or full screen. Both seem fine with CPU to spare!

*- MVP 4k video is still not working properly in either Windowed or Full screen.

If you use the "plain" MPV launcher, it will not use VPU acceleration for decoding, only GPU acceleration for display.

But you can have VPU HW decoding, plus KMS display (much faster than GPU) if you use the "Rockchip Gst Player", or the "MPV (GBM)" launcher (right-click on the video file in the file browser, and select "Open with..."; then you need to press "q" to exit the video).

Thanks for the testing.

- Chromium seems smoother in 720p mode, still a bit flakey, however, instead of crashing a refresh can be done. (CPU usage too high.)

- Chromium is no good in 1080p or above in full screen or windowed. (CPU usage is too high, HW acceleration must be not working.)

Don't use the "Chromium (32 bit)" launcher, it is just an experiment and ATM needs more work. Use the regular "Chromium" launcher.

12 hours ago, Shades_aus said:

Just to recap for those that don't want to watch the video, here are my findings.

Using board - Rockchip 3328 4GB DD4 Renegade (ROC-RK3328-CM) by FireFly.

OS - Armbian_5.75_Renegade_Debian_stretch_default_4.4.174_desktop.7z

https://dl.armbian.com/renegade/Ubuntu_bionic_default_desktop.7z

Steps taken:

- Install default Armbian image as seen above.

- Download and extract JMCC's media Enhancement script ready for installation.

- Update Armbian 5.75 image with apt-get update and sudo apt-get upgrade

- Re-Ran media-script and firstly, only selected System and installed Glamor. 

- Re-ran media-script again, selected ALL applications except System (because I did it in previous step)

- reboot the device

Results:

- Icon corruption has now been fixed. The desktop is still nice and snappy. (Compositing is ON)

Thank you, that's some extensive testing.
You clearly are having the same experience as I have. This doesn't seem to be the same with everybody. I'm using a Rock64 with 4GB, you the Renegade 4GB. So the problem isn't with my board(too bad).

@JMCC Someone made a useful comment on the video "Hi, I can see you are playing youtube video in vp09 format. Try to use h264ify addon to force h264 format, it should help a lot. I dont know if hardware acceleration is supported for vp09 codec."

I did try h264ify, but it wasn't much better. I'll give more info tonight on this, it still didn't say h264, but it wasn't vp09 either. It also crashed with this installed, maybe 1080p played a bit smoother, but image quality was a lot worse than 720p vp09.

The fact that Firefox does exact the same things makes me think the problem isn't with the browsers, but some compatibillity problem with the script or so. Or did we both forget something? I don't think so?
With the NanoPi M4 I've never had any issue like this. That seems to work perfectly for me.
I've also tried Ayufan his images but those were not bootable. He seems to have made images with VPU/GPU too. I told them to try Armbian with your script.

They answered : "Using the latest Armbian build but get a NIC failure about once a week. Bunch of TX error.... Hoping these new builds and patched kernel will fix this as it's a known issue with the rockchip... Funnily enough the older 0.56 stable build never had this issue that i recall."

I do not use the Rock64 a lot and don't follow threads about it. I think it's a known issue, but I'm not sure.
Cheers

20 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Someone made a useful comment on the video "Hi, I can see you are playing youtube video in vp09 format. Try to use h264ify addon to force h264 format, it should help a lot. I dont know if hardware acceleration is supported for vp09 codec."

I did try h264ify, but it wasn't much better. I'll give more info tonight on this, it still didn't say h264, but it wasn't vp09 either. It also crashed with this installed, maybe 1080p played a bit smoother, but image quality was a lot worse than 720p vp09.

In fact, the 32-bit version of Chromium has h264ify installed by default, if you notice. I was hoping that version could be the one to go for all kind of streaming, but that is not happening until we figure out the stability problems.

As a matter of fact, in this case both h264 and vp9 are decoded with the CPU, since Chromium does not support Rockchip's own RKMPP interface for HW decoding. But h264 is lighter on resources than vp9, hence the fact that it runs smoother.

20 minutes ago, NicoD said:

The fact that Firefox does exact the same things makes me think the problem isn't with the browsers, but some compatibillity problem with the script or so

Firefox didn't use GPU acceleration in Linux on the past by default, I'm not sure whether the situation has changed. In any case, it would require not only to be enabled by default, but also to support OpenGL-ES. You can check it by typing in the address bar "about:support", and scrolling down to find the GPU section.

About Chromium, you can confirm it is using GPU acceleration by entering the address "chrome://gpu". It does work with the script. However, since the SoC has such a weak GPU, using the "acceleration" sometimes means losing performance over mere CPU rendering. That is different with RK3399, which has a much more powerful GPU.

Chromium chrome://gpu
I don't know what is what. But most seems hardware accelerated. 

Spoiler

Graphics Feature Status

Canvas: Hardware accelerated

Flash: Hardware accelerated

Flash Stage3D: Hardware accelerated

Flash Stage3D Baseline profile: Hardware accelerated

Compositing: Hardware accelerated

Multiple Raster Threads: Force enabled

Native GpuMemoryBuffers: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled

Out-of-process Rasterization: Disabled

Hardware Protected Video Decode: Hardware accelerated

Rasterization: Software only. Hardware acceleration disabled

Skia Renderer: Disabled

Surface Control: Disabled

Surface Synchronization: Enabled

Video Decode: Hardware accelerated

Viz Service Display Compositor: Enabled

WebGL: Hardware accelerated

WebGL2: Hardware accelerated

Driver Bug Workarounds

clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use

disable_discard_framebuffer

disable_framebuffer_cmaa

disable_gl_rgb_format

exit_on_context_lost

scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args

disabled_extension_GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced

disabled_extension_GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent

Problems Detected

Clear uniforms before first program use on all platforms: 124764, 349137
Applied Workarounds: clear_uniforms_before_first_program_use

Always rewrite vec/mat constructors to be consistent: 398694
Applied Workarounds: scalarize_vec_and_mat_constructor_args

Mali-4xx does not support GL_RGB format: 449150
Applied Workarounds: disable_gl_rgb_format

Discard Framebuffer breaks WebGL on Mali-4xx Linux: 485814
Applied Workarounds: disable_discard_framebuffer

Use GL_INTEL_framebuffer_CMAA on ChromeOS: 535198
Applied Workarounds: disable_framebuffer_cmaa

Disable KHR_blend_equation_advanced until cc shaders are updated: 661715
Applied Workarounds: disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced), disable(GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent)

Some drivers can't recover after OUT_OF_MEM and context lost: 893177
Applied Workarounds: exit_on_context_lost

Native GpuMemoryBuffers have been disabled, either via about:flags or command line.
Disabled Features: native_gpu_memory_buffers

Skia renderer is not used by default.
Disabled Features: skia_renderer

Version Information

Data exported2019-03-28T15:35:39.987Z

Chrome versionChrome/73.0.3683.75

Operating systemLinux 4.4.174-rockchip64

Software rendering list URLhttps://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/909ee014fcea6828f9a610e6716145bc0b3ebf4a/gpu/config/software_rendering_list.json

Driver bug list URLhttps://chromium.googlesource.com/chromium/src/+/909ee014fcea6828f9a610e6716145bc0b3ebf4a/gpu/config/gpu_driver_bug_list.json

ANGLE commit idunknown hash

2D graphics backendSkia/73 2c36ee834ae04d036363cd3b8f3f33ec65d657f0-

Command Line/usr/lib/chromium-browser/chromium-browser --disable-low-res-tiling --num-raster-threads=4 --profiler-timing=0 --disable-composited-antialiasing --disk-cache-dir=/tmp/nicod-cache --disk-cache-size=627400704 --no-sandbox --test-type --show-component-extension-options --ignore-gpu-blacklist --use-gl=egl --enable-pinch --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end

Driver Information

Initialization time138

In-process GPUfalse

Passthrough Command Decoderfalse

Sandboxedfalse

GPU0VENDOR = 0x0000 [ARM], DEVICE= 0x0000 [Mali-450 MP] *ACTIVE*

Optimusfalse

AMD switchablefalse

Driver vendor

Driver version

Driver date

GPU CUDA compute capability major version0

Pixel shader version1.00

Vertex shader version1.00

Max. MSAA samples4

Machine model name

Machine model version

GL_VENDORARM

GL_RENDERERMali-450 MP

GL_VERSIONOpenGL ES 2.0

GL_EXTENSIONSGL_OES_texture_npot GL_OES_vertex_array_object GL_OES_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_texture GL_EXT_compressed_ETC1_RGB8_sub_texture GL_OES_standard_derivatives GL_OES_EGL_image GL_OES_depth24 GL_ARM_rgba8 GL_ARM_mali_shader_binary GL_OES_depth_texture GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888 GL_OES_vertex_half_float GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_OES_EGL_image_external GL_OES_EGL_sync GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8 GL_EXT_multisampled_render_to_texture GL_EXT_discard_framebuffer GL_OES_get_program_binary GL_ARM_mali_program_binary GL_EXT_shader_texture_lod GL_EXT_robustness GL_OES_depth_texture_cube_map GL_KHR_debug GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch GL_ARM_shader_framebuffer_fetch_depth_stencil GL_OES_mapbuffer GL_KHR_no_error

Disabled ExtensionsGL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced GL_KHR_blend_equation_advanced_coherent

Disabled WebGL Extensions

Window system binding vendorARM

Window system binding version1.4 Linux-r7p0-00rel0

Window system binding extensionsEGL_KHR_image EGL_KHR_image_base EGL_KHR_image_pixmap EGL_EXT_image_dma_buf_import EGL_KHR_gl_texture_2D_image EGL_KHR_gl_texture_cubemap_image EGL_KHR_gl_renderbuffer_image EGL_KHR_reusable_sync EGL_KHR_fence_sync EGL_KHR_swap_buffers_with_damage EGL_EXT_swap_buffers_with_damage EGL_KHR_lock_surface EGL_KHR_lock_surface2 EGL_EXT_create_context_robustness EGL_ANDROID_blob_cache EGL_KHR_create_context EGL_KHR_partial_update EGL_KHR_create_context_no_error

Window managerXfwm4

XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOPXFCE

Compositing managerNo

Direct renderingYes

Reset notification strategy0x8252

GPU process crash count0

System visual ID0

RGBA visual ID0

Compositor Information

Tile Update ModeOne-copy

Partial RasterEnabled

GpuMemoryBuffers Status

R_8Software only

R_16Software only

RG_88Software only

BGR_565Software only

RGBA_4444Software only

RGBX_8888Software only

RGBA_8888Software only

BGRX_8888Software only

BGRX_1010102Software only

RGBX_1010102Software only

BGRA_8888Software only

RGBA_F16Software only

YVU_420Software only

YUV_420_BIPLANARSoftware only

UYVY_422Software only

Display(s) Information

InfoDisplay[26379698709353538] bounds=[0,0 1920x1080], workarea=[0,31 1920x1013], scale=1, external.

Color space information{primaries:INVALID, transfer:INVALID, matrix:INVALID, range:INVALID}

Bits per color component8

Bits per pixel24

Video Acceleration Information

Log Messages

[2033:2033:0328/152800.391218:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(342)] : eglChooseConfig failed with error EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE

[2033:2033:0328/152800.434572:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(342)] : eglChooseConfig failed with error EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE

[2033:2033:0328/152800.439961:ERROR:gl_surface_egl.cc(342)] : eglChooseConfig failed with error EGL_BAD_ATTRIBUTE

[2033:2033:0328/152800.446489:ERROR:sandbox_linux.cc(364)] : InitializeSandbox() called with multiple threads in process gpu-process.

[2033:2033:0328/152924.410750:WARNING:ipc_message_attachment_set.cc(49)] : MessageAttachmentSet destroyed with unconsumed attachments: 0/1

[2033:2033:0328/152924.410899:WARNING:ipc_message_attachment_set.cc(49)] : MessageAttachmentSet destroyed with unconsumed attachments: 0/1

[2033:2033:0328/152924.410984:WARNING:ipc_message_attachment_set.cc(49)] : MessageAttachmentSet destroyed with unconsumed attachments: 0/1

[2033:2033:0328/152924.411024:WARNING:ipc_message_attachment_set.cc(49)] : MessageAttachmentSet destroyed with unconsumed attachments: 0/1

3 hours ago, JMCC said:

In fact, the 32-bit version of Chromium has h264ify installed by default, if you notice. I was hoping that version could be the one to go for all kind of streaming, but that is not happening until we figure out the stability problems.

With h264ify on in Chromium it's : Codecs : avc1.4d401f (136) / mp4a.40.2 (140)
Just tried it again and again after 1 minute playing in 1080p "aw snap", and a bit later while reloading the video it just restarted the whole thing.

3 hours ago, JMCC said:

As a matter of fact, in this case both h264 and vp9 are decoded with the CPU, since Chromium does not support Rockchip's own RKMPP interface for HW decoding. But h264 is lighter on resources than vp9, hence the fact that it runs smoother. 

I do find it weird that without the script it even can't play 480p. Also not in Firefox. And with the script it does play up to 720p well in Chromium and Firefox. I tried Vivaldi and this doesn't play this well.

3 hours ago, JMCC said:

Firefox didn't use GPU acceleration in Linux on the past by default, I'm not sure whether the situation has changed. In any case, it would require not only to be enabled by default, but also to support OpenGL-ES. You can check it by typing in the address bar "about:support", and scrolling down to find the GPU section.

Firefox used to be bad for video playing. But the last months I've noticed that Firefox plays best on most SBC's where there's no gpu acceleration installed. On the NanoPi M4 Firefox played 1080p without a hitch without the script. On the Orange Pi3 Firefox plays a lot better than Chromium. Again, I don't know enough of these things. I thought something changed in the latest version on Firefox for arm64 what makes it possible to make use of arm gpu's. It is a new version, because the version before it didn't work on ARM64. Vivaldi is also a bit more optimised than standard Chromium for playing videos without acceleration. But it can't play as good as Firefox.(on M4)
But Firefox does suck for surfing, it always hangs, and you've got to click wait every time to go further. So I prefer to have a good Chromium.

Firefox about:support

Spoiler

Graphics
Features
Compositing Basic
asyncPanZoom wheel input enabled; scrollbar drag enabled; keyboard enabled; autoscroll enabled
webgl1WSIInfo GLX 1.4
GLX_VENDOR(client): Mesa Project and SGI
GLX_VENDOR(server): SGI
Extensions: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer GLX_MESA_query_renderer GLX_OML_swap_method GLX_SGIS_multisample GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group GLX_SGI_make_current_read
WebGL 1 Driver Renderer VMware, Inc. -- llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
WebGL 1 Driver Version 3.1 Mesa 18.2.8
WebGL 1 Driver Extensions GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_no_error GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp
WebGL 1 Extensions ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_frag_depth EXT_sRGB EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_disjoint_timer_query OES_element_index_uint OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context
WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info GLX 1.4
Extensions: GLX_ARB_create_context GLX_ARB_create_context_profile GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_ARB_get_proc_address GLX_ARB_multisample GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile GLX_EXT_create_context_es_profile GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GLX_EXT_import_context GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap GLX_EXT_visual_info GLX_EXT_visual_rating GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer GLX_MESA_query_renderer GLX_OML_swap_method GLX_SGIS_multisample GLX_SGIX_fbconfig GLX_SGIX_pbuffer GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group GLX_SGI_make_current_read
WebGL 2 Driver Renderer VMware, Inc. -- llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
WebGL 2 Driver Version 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.2.8
WebGL 2 Driver Extensions GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_EGL_image GL_S3_s3tc
WebGL 2 Extensions EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_disjoint_timer_query OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context
Off Main Thread Painting Enabled true
Off Main Thread Painting Worker Count 3
Target Frame Rate 60
GPU #1
Active Yes
Description VMware, Inc. -- llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
Vendor ID VMware, Inc.
Device ID llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
Driver Version 3.1 Mesa 18.2.8
Diagnostics
AzureCanvasAccelerated 0
AzureCanvasBackend skia
AzureContentBackend skia
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none
CairoUseXRender 0
Decision Log
HW_COMPOSITING
blocked by default: Acceleration blocked by platform
OPENGL_COMPOSITING
unavailable by default: Hardware compositing is disabled
WEBRENDER
opt-in by default: WebRender is an opt-in feature
unavailable by runtime: Hardware compositing is disabled
WEBRENDER_QUALIFIED
blocked by env: No qualified hardware

GPU #1
Active Yes
Vendor ID VMware, Inc.

I think we should look for the differences between the boards where it runs fine, and those that are like mine. I'll now try with the ethernet cable downstairs. I am having problems with USB/WIFI. So you never know.
When my wifi dongle is too close to the board I don't get a connection. This board must be disrupting the signal. I think it's leaking radiowaves. Maybe that's why it doesn't have wifi on-board. I can't use wifi plugged into it, I need to place my dongle far enough. Weird board....

3 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What is your exact Ubuntu or Debian system ?

You've got an eagle eye. I didn't notice that at all. It must be Bionic, else he would have other problems I guess.

On 3/27/2019 at 2:47 AM, TonyMac32 said:

In case you wonder where you get views:

Lol, is that twitter?
I could have more views I think if I would use twitter and reddit and... But I don't know anything of those things. I don't have a smart-phone, and I wouldn't know what to do with it if I got one. I'm not social enough to use all those social media things. And I think it's a vicious circle too, because I don't use those things I don't have contact with many people, and because I don't have contact with many people I don't use social media.
Things used to be so much easier when I was young, we agreed a time and place. And everyone was there. Now I don't have any idea where anyone would hang out.

I only now have seen your post, thank you for sharing/caring ;)

24 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Firefox about:support

Reveal hidden contents

Graphics
Features
Compositing Basic
asyncPanZoom wheel input enabled; scrollbar drag enabled; keyboard enabled; autoscroll enabled
webgl1WSIInfo GLX 1.4
WebGL 1 Driver Renderer VMware, Inc. -- llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
WebGL 1 Driver Version 3.1 Mesa 18.2.8
WebGL 1 Driver Extensions GL_ARB_multisample GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_bgra GL_EXT_blend_color GL_EXT_blend_minmax GL_EXT_blend_subtract GL_EXT_copy_texture GL_EXT_subtexture GL_EXT_texture_object GL_EXT_vertex_array GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array GL_EXT_texture GL_EXT_texture3D GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip GL_ARB_point_parameters GL_EXT_draw_range_elements GL_EXT_packed_pixels GL_EXT_point_parameters GL_EXT_rescale_normal GL_EXT_separate_specular_color GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp GL_SGIS_texture_lod GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_multitexture GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_texture_cube_map GL_ARB_texture_env_add GL_ARB_transpose_matrix GL_EXT_blend_func_separate GL_EXT_fog_coord GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays GL_EXT_secondary_color GL_EXT_texture_env_add GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias GL_INGR_blend_func_separate GL_NV_blend_square GL_NV_light_max_exponent GL_NV_texgen_reflection GL_NV_texture_env_combine4 GL_S3_s3tc GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp GL_ARB_texture_compression GL_EXT_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_env_combine GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3 GL_MESA_window_pos GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_NV_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_depth_texture GL_ARB_occlusion_query GL_ARB_shadow GL_ARB_texture_env_combine GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3 GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat GL_ARB_window_pos GL_ATI_fragment_shader GL_EXT_stencil_two_side GL_EXT_texture_cube_map GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_fog_distance GL_APPLE_packed_pixels GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_fragment_program GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_vertex_program GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ATI_draw_buffers GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3 GL_ATI_texture_float GL_EXT_shadow_funcs GL_EXT_stencil_wrap GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_NV_primitive_restart GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_shading_language_100 GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_OES_read_format GL_ARB_color_buffer_float GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ATI_texture_compression_3dc GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_rectangle GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ATI_separate_stencil GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_timer_query GL_OES_EGL_image GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_NV_conditional_render GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_compatibility GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_no_error GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp
WebGL 1 Extensions ANGLE_instanced_arrays EXT_blend_minmax EXT_color_buffer_half_float EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_frag_depth EXT_sRGB EXT_shader_texture_lod EXT_disjoint_timer_query OES_element_index_uint OES_standard_derivatives OES_texture_float OES_texture_float_linear OES_texture_half_float OES_texture_half_float_linear OES_vertex_array_object WEBGL_color_buffer_float WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_depth_texture WEBGL_draw_buffers WEBGL_lose_context
WebGL 2 Driver WSI Info GLX 1.4
WebGL 2 Driver Renderer VMware, Inc. -- llvmpipe (LLVM 7.0, 128 bits)
WebGL 2 Driver Version 3.3 (Core Profile) Mesa 18.2.8
WebGL 2 Driver Extensions GL_AMD_conservative_depth GL_AMD_draw_buffers_blend GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_AMD_shader_stencil_export GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax GL_AMD_vertex_shader_layer GL_AMD_vertex_shader_viewport_index GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3 GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5 GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays GL_ARB_base_instance GL_ARB_blend_func_extended GL_ARB_buffer_storage GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object GL_ARB_clear_texture GL_ARB_clip_control GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage GL_ARB_conditional_render_inverted GL_ARB_conservative_depth GL_ARB_copy_buffer GL_ARB_copy_image GL_ARB_cull_distance GL_ARB_debug_output GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float GL_ARB_depth_clamp GL_ARB_direct_state_access GL_ARB_draw_buffers GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex GL_ARB_draw_indirect GL_ARB_draw_instanced GL_ARB_enhanced_layouts GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport GL_ARB_fragment_shader GL_ARB_framebuffer_object GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB GL_ARB_get_program_binary GL_ARB_get_texture_sub_image GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64 GL_ARB_gpu_shader_int64 GL_ARB_half_float_pixel GL_ARB_half_float_vertex GL_ARB_instanced_arrays GL_ARB_internalformat_query GL_ARB_internalformat_query2 GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment GL_ARB_map_buffer_range GL_ARB_multi_bind GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect GL_ARB_occlusion_query2 GL_ARB_pipeline_statistics_query GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object GL_ARB_point_sprite GL_ARB_polygon_offset_clamp GL_ARB_program_interface_query GL_ARB_provoking_vertex GL_ARB_robustness GL_ARB_sampler_objects GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding GL_ARB_shader_objects GL_ARB_shader_stencil_export GL_ARB_shader_subroutine GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack GL_ARB_shading_language_packing GL_ARB_stencil_texturing GL_ARB_sync GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32 GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array GL_ARB_texture_float GL_ARB_texture_gather GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge GL_ARB_texture_multisample GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two GL_ARB_texture_query_levels GL_ARB_texture_query_lod GL_ARB_texture_rectangle GL_ARB_texture_rg GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui GL_ARB_texture_stencil8 GL_ARB_texture_storage GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample GL_ARB_texture_swizzle GL_ARB_texture_view GL_ARB_timer_query GL_ARB_transform_feedback2 GL_ARB_transform_feedback3 GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced GL_ARB_transform_feedback_overflow_query GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra GL_ARB_vertex_array_object GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding GL_ARB_vertex_shader GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev GL_ARB_viewport_array GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate GL_ATI_texture_float GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once GL_EXT_abgr GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate GL_EXT_draw_buffers2 GL_EXT_draw_instanced GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil GL_EXT_packed_float GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object GL_EXT_polygon_offset_clamp GL_EXT_provoking_vertex GL_EXT_shader_integer_mix GL_EXT_texture_array GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1 GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc GL_EXT_texture_integer GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp GL_EXT_texture_sRGB GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent GL_EXT_texture_snorm GL_EXT_texture_swizzle GL_EXT_timer_query GL_EXT_transform_feedback GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays GL_KHR_context_flush_control GL_KHR_debug GL_KHR_no_error GL_KHR_texture_compression_astc_ldr GL_MESA_pack_invert GL_MESA_shader_integer_functions GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba GL_MESA_ycbcr_texture GL_NV_conditional_render GL_NV_depth_clamp GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil GL_OES_EGL_image GL_S3_s3tc
WebGL 2 Extensions EXT_color_buffer_float EXT_texture_compression_bptc EXT_texture_compression_rgtc EXT_disjoint_timer_query OES_texture_float_linear WEBGL_compressed_texture_astc WEBGL_compressed_texture_etc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc WEBGL_compressed_texture_s3tc_srgb WEBGL_debug_renderer_info WEBGL_debug_shaders WEBGL_lose_context
Off Main Thread Painting Enabled true
Off Main Thread Painting Worker Count 3
Target Frame Rate 60
GPU #1
Active Yes
Vendor ID VMware, Inc.
Diagnostics
AzureCanvasAccelerated 0
AzureCanvasBackend skia
AzureContentBackend skia
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend none
CairoUseXRender 0
Decision Log
HW_COMPOSITING
blocked by default: Acceleration blocked by platform
OPENGL_COMPOSITING
unavailable by default: Hardware compositing is disabled
WEBRENDER
opt-in by default: WebRender is an opt-in feature
unavailable by runtime: Hardware compositing is disabled
WEBRENDER_QUALIFIED
blocked by env: No qualified hardware

GPU #1
Active Yes
Vendor ID VMware, Inc.

According to this, Firefox is using CPU-emulated OpenGL, which may be the cause for those crashes you are experiencing. I recommend you to try two things, in order to improve performance and stability:

• Install the GL4ES wrapper through the script, and launch firefox with the command "glrun firefox"
  • Or simply disable GPU acceleration (like this)

21 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Install the GL4ES wrapper through the script, and launch firefox with the command "glrun firefox"

I tried this, and it crashed again.

Spoiler

nicod@rock64:~$ glrun firefox

###!!! [Parent][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

###!!! [Parent][RunMessage] Error: Channel closing: too late to send/recv, messages will be lost

[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f26febc00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f26febc00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #3] WARNING: Decoder=7f26febc00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f26febc00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #3] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718aa00 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #1] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #3] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #3] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #2] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
[Child 2206, MediaPlayback #4] WARNING: Decoder=7f2718b400 Decode error: NS_ERROR_DOM_MEDIA_FATAL_ERR (0x806e0005) - RefPtr<mozilla::MozPromise<RefPtr<mozilla::MediaTrackDemuxer::SamplesHolder>, mozilla::MediaResult, true> > mozilla::MediaSourceTrackDemuxer::DoGetSamples(int32_t): manager is detached.: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/dom/media/MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp, line 3331
Exiting due to channel error.
Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown (t=324.994) Crash Annotation GraphicsCriticalError: |[C0][GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown (t=329.772) [GFX1-]: Receive IPC close with reason=AbnormalShutdown
[Child 2273, Chrome_ChildThread] WARNING: pipe error (3): Connection reset by peer: file /build/firefox-Mw8zwS/firefox-66.0.1+build1/ipc/chromium/src/chrome/common/ipc_channel_posix.cc, line 357
Exiting due to channel error.
/usr/bin/glrun: line 2:  2131 Segmentation fault      LIBGL_COPY=1 LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/gl4es "$@"
nicod@rock64:~$ Exiting due to channel error.

I also tried with ethernet and no difference. 
I'll now try to disable gpu acc and see what happens.

33 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Or simply disable GPU acceleration (like this)

Now with this(gpu acc disabled) Firefox crashed again. 1080p didn't play anymore. It was stuck on 1 image. 720p played ok, not great. It was a little choppy. But almost acceptable.

So it still plays better than without the script.

Okay, thanks for the tests. According to this, Firefox doesn't support native GLES on Linux, while Chromium does. So our only possibility for acceleration in FF was the GL4ES wrapper, but it seems not to work.

However, I remember when I made the script Chromium performed better than now. I'm going to investigate, to find out whether it is caused by some kernel change, or by the recent versions of Chromium. I have some ideas about what it can be.

19 hours ago, JMCC said:

Yes, but you probably are experiencing the bug that desktop icons disappear, aren't you? That happens randomly when you enable compositing under Glamor.

Plus, you may also notice that scrolling in text windows is terribly slow and abrupt with Glamor enabled.

If you use the "plain" MPV launcher, it will not use VPU acceleration for decoding, only GPU acceleration for display.

But you can have VPU HW decoding, plus KMS display (much faster than GPU) if you use the "Rockchip Gst Player", or the "MPV (GBM)" launcher (right-click on the video file in the file browser, and select "Open with..."; then you need to press "q" to exit the video).

Thanks for the testing.

Icons are no longer corrupted, even dragging. Everything works fine now.

**Icons do get corrupted once they are selected or dragged but that's about it.

**UPDATE**

- So, not satisfied with my testing, I have done a (sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade) on the device, then re-installed the media script with (sudo sh ./media-script)

Then, installed system with Glamor and then re-ran the script and installed all the others excluding system and rebooted.

Compositing is ON

All working! Very happy about this. :-)

No delays in scrolling, nothing disappears in windows however, yes, Icons do go away if dragged to the desktop.

I will try with GST player MPV (GBM)

- Results-

Desktop Icons are missing with Compositing ON. Only seems to affect the Desktop. All other windows seem fine. The Icons are there until another windows is moved over the top. For some reason, they do not re-draw.

Scrolling is nice and snappy, no lag. (Cannot see bad delays with compositing ON)

Chromium is not working with 32-bit streaming as you suggested. Standard Chromium is faster however, not accelerated. CPU 89 %

MPV (GBM) not loading. (Will need to look into this further.)

"Rockchip Gst Player" is not loading the video at all. just locks up. (Will need to look into this further.)

Maybe there is something in the syslogs. I will check later.

The only thing I found in syslog while trying to play the 1080p video using MPV (GBM)

Mar 29 05:18:10 localhost kernel: [ 3751.852218] dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Mar 29 05:18:11 localhost kernel: [ 3752.852253] dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Mar 29 05:18:12 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS2.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.

MPV works if not using the (GBM) version.

RockChip GST player has similar errors:

Mar 29 05:26:24 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS2.
Mar 29 05:26:32 localhost kernel: [ 4254.111131] dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Mar 29 05:26:33 localhost kernel: [ 4255.111221] dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Mar 29 05:26:34 localhost kernel: [ 4256.111258] dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Mar 29 05:26:35 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS2.service: Service hold-off time over, scheduling restart.
Mar 29 05:26:35 localhost systemd[1]: serial-getty@ttyS2.service: Scheduled restart job, restart counter is at 410.
Mar 29 05:26:35 localhost systemd[1]: Stopped Serial Getty on ttyS2.
Mar 29 05:26:35 localhost systemd[1]: Started Serial Getty on ttyS2.

17 hours ago, balbes150 said:

What is your exact Ubuntu or Debian system ?

Linux renegade 4.4.174-rockchip64 #17 SMP Sun Feb 10 20:05:27 CET 2019 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS"
NAME="Ubuntu"
VERSION="18.04.2 LTS (Bionic Beaver)"
ID=ubuntu
ID_LIKE=debian
PRETTY_NAME="Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS"
VERSION_ID="18.04"

HI, thank you very much for the script, working very well, just can't start kodi. It just exits to console, and getting following error:

(i'm not running armbian, but the defualt ubuntu, and the script is working great also on ayufan, can watch YT, and videos, all cool)

Apr 08 16:42:05 rock64 kernel: rockchip-vop ff370000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_enable] Update mode to 1280x720p60, type: 11
Apr 08 16:42:13 rock64 kernel: dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Apr 08 16:42:14 rock64 kernel: dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic

Linux rock64 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 08:22:22 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

THANKS FOR THE GREAT JOB

2 hours ago, whyzzie said:

HI, thank you very much for the script, working very well, just can't start kodi. It just exits to console, and getting following error:

(i'm not running armbian, but the defualt ubuntu, and the script is working great also on ayufan, can watch YT, and videos, all cool)

Apr 08 16:42:05 rock64 kernel: rockchip-vop ff370000.vop: [drm:vop_crtc_enable] Update mode to 1280x720p60, type: 11
Apr 08 16:42:13 rock64 kernel: dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid
Apr 08 16:42:14 rock64 kernel: dwhdmi-rockchip ff3c0000.hdmi: failed to get edid

DISTRIB_ID=Ubuntu
DISTRIB_RELEASE=18.04
DISTRIB_CODENAME=bionic

Linux rock64 4.4.132-1075-rockchip-ayufan-ga83beded8524 #1 SMP Thu Jul 26 08:22:22 UTC 2018 aarch64 aarch64 aarch64 GNU/Linux

THANKS FOR THE GREAT JOB

Support is focused on Armbian images: https://www.armbian.com/download There is already way too much complexity to deal with.

Hi, and first of all thanks to everyone who's contributed here! By following the procedure in NicoD's excellent video I was able to get 4k video playback working on my rock64 -- truly amazing!

However I have occasional segfaults in mpv, which make it unsuitable for regular use. I'd be quite happy to help debug these problems.

Also a few questions which may or may not be relevant here:

The board, and my monitor, should be able to do 4k@60Hz but I never get more than 4k@30Hz. Any clues why?

I have two sound options, one is audio over HDMI which works fine, the other produces no sound. I can also get audio on a USB sound dongle, but never on the onboard 3.5mm jack. Why might that be?

If I set the audio sink to HDMI, it reverts to the non-working option after a restart...

Guess that's about it for now, thanks again!

41 minutes ago, jal_frezie said:

I have occasional segfaults in mpv

When does that happen, when using GLES or GBM as display driver? (that is, the "regular" mpv launcher or "mpv-gbm")