RK3328 Media Script (Rock64, Renegade)

JMCC

Hello , thanks , i did the procedure as above

sudo nano /etc/udev/rules.d/50-mali.rules (change "mali0" for "mali" and save the file)

and this restored the

mpv-gbm

functionality, however, sometimes the player would lock in and the keycodes would become unresponsive, eg. it would not be able to exit the video beforehand by pressing "q".

here is some error i get with youtube-viewer + mpv-gbm

mpi: mpp version: 0b701fe author: Lawrence-Tang DEBIAN: prepare for release_20171218-3
hal_vp9d_api: hal_vp9d_init in
hal_vp9d_api: mpp_buffer_group_get_internal used ion in
mpp_rt: NOT found ion allocator
mpp_rt: found drm allocator
hal_vp9d_api: hal_vp9d_flush in
hal_vp9d_api: hal_vp9d_reset in
hal_vp9d_api: hal_vp9d_reset in

Okay, thanks for the info. It will take a while to debug that problem, since we may change the kernel source for RK3328 in the near future, and I don't want to do any change before that.

BTW, I can play Youtube videos just fine, by installing the latest version of youtube-dl form youtube-dl.org, and then just type "mpv-gbm <youtube URL>"

thanks, have looked again and it is probably just related to gtk-youtube-viewer (maybe there is an incompatibility or i am missing some package on aarch64) as inside youtube-viewer (from terminal) the evoking of mpv-gbm does not cause the undesired behaviour as it seems.

yes, i do use youtube-dl, also with ff2mpv extension for firefox (however that one is linked with normal version of mpv and that seems quite often to crash the whole system bionic beaver lts).

• JMCC unpinned this topic