Problem with underclocking Odroid HC1/HC2/XU4 with Kernel4.19.14/Armbian5.70

jshc1

Hey

Can anyone confirm the problem with under-clocking in Odroid HC1/HC2/XU4 with Kernel 4.19.14 / Armbian 5.70?

I could always reach 2000/1500Mhz without a problem. Currently, after the last Armbian update from 5.60 to 5.70, I noticed a strange behavior that Odroid does not want to reach full clocks. With cpufrequtils min 600 max 2000 and "performance" and clocks do not want to go higher than 1800/1300Mhz temperature cpu 45.0 ° C.
No changes just last updates nothing more was touched. After returning to 5.60 and 4.14.69 the CPU runs normally at 2000/1500 ....
I also have the impression that HDD sometimes behaves strangely at 5.70 / 4.19.14

According to the @tkaiser suggestion....

Most probably device-tree with the new kernel version defines different cpufreq/DVFS operating points and this got undetected (Armbian still supports way too many boards. Quantity vs. quality and one of the usual results).

But I agree: should be fixed, so better report your findings where it can be fixed (Armbian and not OMV).

--

John Stiles

52 minutes ago, jshc1 said:

I also have the impression that HDD sometimes behaves strangely at 5.70 / 4.19.14

Kernel 4.19.y for Odroid XU4 is not yet well polished. Use stock 4.14.y until then - switch it simple via armbian-config -> system -> alternative kernels and choose latest 4.14.y

14 hours ago, Igor said:

Kernel 4.19.y for Odroid XU4 is not yet well polished. Use stock 4.14.y until then - switch it simple via armbian-config -> system -> alternative kernels and choose latest 4.14.y

Ok.

I did it right away. ;)

I hope that the kernel will be polished in the near future. ;)