Need help compiling Wifi adapter driver for Tinkerboard S

axzxc1236

I bought a Tinkerboard S and Tinker Aluminum case yesterday, but because of the case, it's Wifi function is almost non-exist, so I bought a TP-LINK TL-WN722N v2 two hours ago.

I was hoping to get a V1, which has a lot of information on Wikidevi, and looks like it's going to work out-of-the-box, but I got a v2, and now I'm trying to get it to work.

Wikidevi provided a link to driver repository, I downloaded main branch and type "make all" in terminal, it says /lib/modules/4.4.166-rockchip/build does not exist.

I tried to search how to install kernel header and tried this command "sudo apt-get install linux-headers-$(uname -r)", it doesn't work/help.

Now I really need help.

System information:

Hardware: Tinkerboard S

Wifi adapter: TP-LINK TL-WN722N

Edited by axzxc1236

Nevermind, somehow I fixed it myself, I'll share what I tried/done here.

After I posted, I also tried "sudo apt-get install linux-headers-generic", but it doesn't work.

Then I started to click on 2nd and 3rd google search result of "armbian install linux headers", this is what helped me.

It mentions you can install kernel-header in armbian-config.

I opened armbian-config and found that kernel-header option, removed and reinstalled kernal-header.

(It shows "Remove kernel headers" at first, I was skeptical on removing kernel headers but I tried it anyway)

After re-installing kernel headers, I am able to build the driver and get it working.