Not boot last version builded image

CptMcMillan

Hi all. In Monday i build new version of Armbian image for Orange Pi One and after this i get next error while loading:

Spoiler

388d48a2ee31d56f3c190514041dfadc.jpg

This image contains newest version of U-Boot (2018.11). My old image build with 2018.05 U-Boot version. Loadin log of old image here: 

Spoiler

2e9d921c7f6e1febcd0b132dc3b00b96.jpg

This logs made at one PC. I am concerned that in the second case booter find 2 USB devices. but in first case - double number.  Anyone can help me with problem. or better write to u-boot support. Or maybe i can build my image with oldest version u-boot...? But i dont known how make this.

Thanks.

36 minutes ago, CptMcMillan said:

The problem is that the boot does not go any further. After message "Starting kernel" nothing happens

I will check with this specific OPiOne board to narrow the issue. During the switch to v2018.11, I've tested several other boards without issues, but not that one...

1 hour ago, CptMcMillan said:

This image contains newest version of U-Boot (2018.11). My old image build with 2018.05 U-Boot version. Loadin log of old image here: 

The test for armbian 5.59/kernel 4.18 was also done with u-boot 2018.05:

https://github.com/armbian/testings:

orangepione-dev 5.59.180902 4.18.5-sunxi

http://ix.io/1lVt

Which image did you compile with 2018.11? stable/next/dev? console or desktop-version?

1 hour ago, CptMcMillan said:

The problem is that the boot does not go any further. After message "Starting kernel" nothing happens

I've just built and tested a new image for OPiOne with 4.20.2 and v2018.11, and it works perfectly ...

So, maybe your image was corrupted, or your SDCard flaky, did you use Etcher to burn it ?

11 hours ago, guidol said:

Which image did you compile with 2018.11? stable/next/dev? console or desktop-version?

Default version with console interface. I have attached the configuration file with which the build run. 

10 hours ago, martinayotte said:

So, maybe your image was corrupted, or your SDCard flaky, did you use Etcher to burn it ?

I tried 5 different SD cards and rebuilt the image several times, but it did not help. And i use etcher to burn image...

59 minutes ago, ning said:

does your board booted with old version images? if not please check power supply.

Yes, with old image it perfect boot

config-default.conf

Sorry, I forgot to say that I need a kernel version 3.4 for my specific software. Though i build 4.19 kernel version with 2018.11 u-boot but i still get the message "EHCI failed to shut down host controller" But boot continue success. This on 4.19 kernel and new uboot.  And 3.4 kernel with the new u-boot does not loading. Can I somehow tell the build script to build the specified version of u-boot? I read https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Options/, but there nothing about how i can select u-boot version manually.

3 hours ago, CptMcMillan said:

but i still get the message "EHCI failed to shut down host controller" But boot continue success.

Yes, this message is some kind of warning about USB power control. On some of my boards, I even see it 3 times when 3 USB are available.

3 hours ago, CptMcMillan said:

how i can select u-boot version manually.

You can revert temporarily the switch to v2018.11 with previous v2018.05 in this file :

https://github.com/armbian/build/blob/master/config/sources/sunxi_common.inc#L3

On 1/17/2019 at 9:22 AM, CptMcMillan said:

Default version with console interface. I have attached the configuration file with which the build run. 

I tried 5 different SD cards and rebuilt the image several times, but it did not help. And i use etcher to burn image...

I can confirm the problem with the default image: Armbian_5.72_Orangepione_Ubuntu_xenial_default_3.4.113 (u-boot  v2018.11)

I did compile it yesterday and it doenst show anything on the serial debug-port. It even did not try to boot :(

7 hours ago, guidol said:

I can confirm the problem with the default image

Right ! I've just did the test too !

I don't have any clues why ...

Unfortunately, we won't revert u-boot v2018.11 changes, since we are dropping Legacy support anyway.

16 hours ago, martinayotte said:

I would need to revert the DT changes too, all the old "mmcX_pins_a" have been updated to newer "mmcX_pins" without the "a" ...

Hmm, that is if i just add "_a" to all "mmcX_pins" names in problem files it would work?? Or not so simple?)