noob question ethernet not working

chrish

31 minutes ago, chrish said:

me lost

Me lost too :lol:. What is your board? Symptoms? What does "not work" mean: link drops, no link, no led...?

And please provide the logs, that is, the output of "sudo armbianmonitor -u"

4 minutes ago, chrish said:

Tinkerboard 

no led

no link 

when the OS didnt find a PHY (Ethernet-Connector) then it could use link/led?:

[ 3.529237] rk_gmac-dwmac ff290000.ethernet: No PHY found

[ 3.529372] rk_gmac-dwmac ff290000.ethernet: stmmac_dvr_probe: MDIO bus (id: 0) registration failed

[ 3.529693] rk_gmac-dwmac ff290000.ethernet: Dropping the link to regulator.16

11 minutes ago, chrish said:

ok, so i tried earlier versions still nothing i have also tried an image from asus still nothing 

is this a new board (for you) or did it work at any thime in the past with ethernet?

Did you try another power-supply?

13 hours ago, chrish said:

hi i can not get my ethernet to work with img Armbian_5.72_Tinkerboard_Debian_stretch_next_4.19.16_desktop

Try a different cable - tinker generally works with out of the box - what happens if you reflash with the Asus build?

ok so i think i should update as the issue is now resolved. the nic is dead (hardware issue)  

i contacted ASUS in america (I am from the UK) who, after troubleshooting, decided that it needed repairing. and was willing to do this if i sent the board to them but as i am from the uk they referred me to the uk site with a reference number of what was going to take place.

ASUS Uk would not help me saying "they would not accept return of this item to be repaired even though there is a 24 months warranty. ASUS USA would allow it they stated that each country has a different returns policy, i would need to contact the suppler. luckily enough it was amazon who when i contacted them said we will send a new one out and would arrive tomorrow! WOW i dont really like evil corporations but F**k that was fast. so i have the new board and everything works fine and a happy ever after................

Thank you all, for helping me out in my time of need.