Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

constantius

@megi

If you plan to submit orangepi 3 DT and HDMI improvements to support OPi 3, please change logic to use voltage regulator framework instead of gpios as it is better description of actual hardware. Additionally, at least in my opinion, this should be property of HDMI PHY and not HDMI controller, but that's debatable.

8 minutes ago, jernej said:

@megi

If you plan to submit orangepi 3 DT and HDMI improvements to support OPi 3, please change logic to use voltage regulator framework instead of gpios as it is better description of actual hardware. Additionally, at least in my opinion, this should be property of HDMI PHY and not HDMI controller, but that's debatable.

Ok, that seems reasonable. Thanks.

6 hours ago, kexec said:

you were right.

corrected and recompiled image.

could someone to boot it and check or hdmi works any better now ? as could be that I will be late today to test this at home.

cat /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid

should not be empty and return some crappy output of binary

http://78.157.85.46/Armbian_5.77_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.0.5_desktop.img.gz

----------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------

changing code had no results, neither edid is present nor hdmi started to work as in BSP kernel.

i change code while make menuconfig was waiting for input, and then just continued image as always. i agree that is is not best way to do this :)

maybe there is easier way for the same ? as automated build pull code each time and changes branch to master ?

6 hours ago, lanefu said:

All this H6 work made me cave an order an Opi 3

I agree that it is quite good deal for a money. using android works great as media player (vp8,x265) and even some games works nice. I recommended everyone  to try Beach Buggy Racing as gpu demo game is quite impressive.

Linux is another story :)but it has bright side to

4 hours ago, kexec said:

----------------------------------------------------Update--------------------------------------

changing code had no results, neither edid is present nor hdmi started to work as in BSP kernel.

Thanks, I'll look more closely into it, when I'll have some time.

23 hours ago, kexec said:

i change code while make menuconfig was waiting for input, and then just continued image as always. i agree that is is not best way to do this :)

maybe there is easier way for the same ? as automated build pull code each time and changes branch to master ?

I installed this image, but it starts with resolution 1024X768 (it doesnt detect my monitors max resolution) and hardware accelearation is not available. 

Any way to fix it or should i wait for an official release?

10 hours ago, ghostdlr said:

I installed this image, but it starts with resolution 1024X768 (it doesnt detect my monitors max resolution) and hardware accelearation is not available. 

Any way to fix it or should i wait for an official release?

Check previous pages

On 4/3/2019 at 4:25 AM, kexec said:

I agree that it is quite good deal for a money. using android works great as media player (vp8,x265) and even some games works nice. I recommended everyone  to try Beach Buggy Racing as gpu demo game is quite impressive.

Linux is another story :)but it has bright side to

Off topic. Do you have to guide to install Play Store and get it to work?

On 4/2/2019 at 11:11 PM, kexec said:

is not best way to do this :)

Hi many thanks

Im install  Armbian_5.77.190404_Ubuntu +lxde, +fbturbo for mali and have best glxgears full screen 1078x768 80 fps, but one this resolution.

I read above and use xrandr, but have error xrandr: Failed to get size of gamma for output default.

Googled, but nothing method help me.

Can Im fix it somehow?

15 hours ago, megi said:

So hopefully all this will be working in armbian soon. ;)

Good news.

Fix my problem xrandr purge xserver-xorg-video-fbturbo and install xserver-xorg-video-fbdev

Fbturbo and sun4i for Allwinner SoC not correct working.

1 hour ago, The_Loko said:

I only know that it uses the Ampak AP6256 and it's connected over UART, so it should work with hciattach.

Someone has to create some kind of Bluetooth DT overlay for that, which is not done yet !

Maybe also it requires some things else in the kernel defconfig, who knows ...

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

Someone has to create some kind of Bluetooth DT overlay for that, which is not done yet !

Any idea what needs to be done to make HDMI-audio work on the H6's?
I'm messing a bit with the build script to try to learn more.
Now in kernel configuration -> multimedia support.
Would this be HDMI CEC support? It's the only thing I see about hdmi, and it's not enabled.
I know it's got something to do with sound.
I don't think my kernel will build well, I've gotten many questions and I just randomly answered y or n. I don't know what I'm doing... I would love to learn how to do these things.

3 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Any idea what needs to be done to make HDMI-audio work on the H6's?
I'm messing a bit with the build script to try to learn more.
Now in kernel configuration -> multimedia support.
Would this be HDMI CEC support? It's the only thing I see about hdmi, and it's not enabled.
I know it's got something to do with sound.

HDMI audio for H6 is not yet supported in the mainline linux kernel, and nobody is currently working on it --> see https://linux-sunxi.org/Mainlining_Effort

8 minutes ago, johanvdw said:

HDMI audio for H6 is not yet supported in the mainline linux kernel, and nobody is currently working on it --> see https://linux-sunxi.org/Mainlining_Effort

Thank you. That's valuable information. I didn't know this doesn't work on any Hx models. Maybe because they're all my least favorite sbc's that I'd never use for desktop use :)
I do like the H6. A pitty nobody is working on this. My usb audio adapter works fine. But this will be an issue for many people to be able to use it for multimedia purpose in Linux.
Then I guess almost everything that can work for the PineH64 is working. The OPi3 is another story.

@NicoD @johanvdw Actually with some of the out of tree patches is possible to make it work. After all, I have fully functional LibreELEC image for PineH64. Well, not completely everything, but HDMI audio works pretty well. Patches are here and here. Btw, dma patches are important for audio and you have to enable sun4i-i2s driver and simple audio card if it's not yet.

2 hours ago, Mandolin said:

Helpme! I am install hass.io on Armbian_5.78.190407 for orange pi3 is failed! :( . Can you help me!

Install hass.io on supported boards / builds - it works there. Orangepi 3 is not ready for end users yet. Images are here only for development and testing.

Probably Docker support is missing.

14 hours ago, Igor said:

Install hass.io on supported boards / builds - it works there. Orangepi 3 is not ready for end users yet. Images are here only for development and testing.

Probably Docker support is missing.

Can you advise me os for Orange Pi 3 running hass.io?  thank you very much!!!!

u can install hassio with 

curl -sL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install" | bash -s -- -m rarpberrypi3

I have installed it and got success, have almost all addon ( no addon with armbian-config install)

3 hours ago, moneyrain said:

u can install hassio with 

curl -sL "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/home-assistant/hassio-build/master/install/hassio_install" | bash -s -- -m rarpberrypi3

I have installed it and got success, have almost all addon ( no addon with armbian-config install)

I have done it and I can't!  in the os it lacks something but the process of installing the service does not run! :(

1 hour ago, Mandolin said:

I have done it and I can't!  in the os it lacks something but the process of installing the service does not run! :(

sorry, i have installed it in ubuntu server not debian, the debian one miss some package ( python* and more) for docker