Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

constantius

46 minutes ago, maxlinux2000 said:

but they can not be used. The network does not work at all. Neither the ethernet nor the wifi.

That is normal for things that are in development. 

46 minutes ago, maxlinux2000 said:

Do you know if there is a newer version that can work decently?

There will be once in the future. There are many ways to speed up this process by helping the project: https://www.armbian.com/get-involved https://www.armbian.com/donate

57 minutes ago, maxlinux2000 said:

The network does not work at all. Neither the ethernet nor the wifi.

Why it is working fine for other people ?

For WiFi, did you have done "dmesg | grep brcm" to figure out ?

I bet you simply need to do :

cp /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio.bin
cp /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio.txt

2 hours ago, aborland said:

Is where any method to use full-hd resolution on Orangepi-3 board on armbian&

Such features usually start to work automagically when support reaches end-user level. Now, if it doesn't work, setting this can be between rough and not possible.

This build is a ROCK!!

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi3/nightly/Armbian_5.83.190427_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.0.10.7z

I'm working with her all day. 

I've done graphics with gimp and inkscape.

I have written documents with libreoffice,

I have used the browser for the internet with several tabs open and answering a forum like this.
I have compiled the Marlin firmware (for 3D printers) with Arduino IDE (the last one) ... and everything rolling on wheels.
I have copied 1GB circa file size,  from an external hard drive to the internal emmc, by usb3 and it is very very fast.
I have downloaded files, installed programs with apt  without problems.

We have already begun to see the light at the end of the tunnel?

I do not think it is too long to have a distribution stable enough for daily use.

There are minor problems, such as the firmware path for wifi, then some launchers in the xfce4 menu that do not work and some warnings.

You have to check if the Bluetooth works ... I have not tried it to install yet.

but, I'm happy with this system. It is not more unstable than a SID in Debian :)

On 4/22/2019 at 1:14 AM, greg798 said:

Prompt real to include linux kernel video gpu mali midgard opi3?

And possible  midgard to apply?

I tried to merge panfrost(from linux-next,supports opi3 gpu mali midgard) as a test to test midgard. Mesa also compiled panfrost compatible version. Kernels with panfrost enabled did not improve performance with glxgears with an average of 50 fps. I nomally use armbian-dev with  megous/linux-5.1 kernel, it is an average of 240 fps with glxgears. The megous/linux-5.1 vanilla kernel is more efficient. The video performance seems to be lower CPU load with panfrost, but panfrost still did not show its performance if it was still under development. I have not yet investigated whether there is a problem with the panfrost-compatible code in mesa or with a kernel panfrost.

6 hours ago, aborland said:

Is where any method to use full-hd resolution on Orangepi-3 board on armbian& 

I thought this was fixed(haven't checked in a while). You can add the resolution manually.
Here an example for 1080p. Change what's needed for your monitor.

sudo cvt 1920 1080 60

Then you get something like :
# 1920x1080 59.96 Hz (CVT 2.07M9) hsync: 67.16 kHz; pclk: 173.00 MHz
Modeline "1920x1080_60.00"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088 1120 -hsync +vsync

Everything after modeline you need to copy and past it behind : sudo xrandr -- newmod e
Example :
sudo xrandr -- newmod e "1920x1080_60.00"  173.00  1920 2048 2248 2576  1080 1083 1088 1120 -hsync +vsync

Then :
sudo xrandr --addmode HDMI-1 1920x10 80_60.00
sudo xrandr --output HDMI-1 --mode 1920x1080_60.00 

2 hours ago, yashiki2005 said:

I tried to merge panfrost(from linux-next,supports opi3 gpu mali midgard) as a test to test midgard. Mesa also compiled panfrost compatible version. Kernels with panfrost enabled did not improve performance with glxgears with an average of 50 fps. I nomally use armbian-dev with  megous/linux-5.1 kernel, it is an average of 240 fps with glxgears. The megous/linux-5.1 vanilla kernel is more efficient. The video performance seems to be lower CPU load with panfrost, but panfrost still did not show its performance if it was still under development. I have not yet investigated whether there is a problem with the panfrost-compatible code in mesa or with a kernel panfrost.

Some use libhybris on midgard android drivers to unix sytem, but im don't have this experience.

240fps? but im used megous 5.1 on arch linux in AssaultCube max 12fps to xserver-xorg-video-dummy ...

20 minutes ago, greg798 said:

Some use libhybris on midgard android drivers to unix sytem, but im don't have this experience.

240fps? but im used megous 5.1 on arch linux in AssaultCube max 12fps to xserver-xorg-video-dummy ...

240 fps is only available with the simple opengl app glxgears. For the globs opengl benchmark, the more normal 19-24 fps is the average. It will be heavier if it is a game. Although switching to panfrost does not improve performance, but rather it lowers the fps value with glxgears, it does not mean that midgard is such a high performance.

hi all!
I'm alex and noob :D
Orange pi 3 is my first micro computer.
Now, i have armbian ubuntu on ssd (16gb) with docker, potainer.io and hassio. All only for study, to learn.

My question: can i clone this os status from microsd (16gb) to internal emmc? (maybe, before, i need to change size's partition).

Thanx all, and Armbian Rulez!

14 minutes ago, ilchenko Evgeny said:

video is very slow in VLC and youtube?

People are working on hdmi-sound.
Only thing you can do for better video performance is lowering your display resolution to 720p. Then you can watch 1080p videos. Otherwise wait for kernel 5.2.

1 hour ago, cybermod said:

I'm alex and noob

Welcome!

Orange pi 3 is my first micro computer.

Latest and not even supported micro computer is not a good first computer, but o.k. :) I hope you do understand that many thing is not working or not working perfectly well at this stage. Some board specific questions might not be answered because things are unknown, changing too fast or related with expensive R&D ...

My question: can i clone this os status from microsd (16gb) to internal emmc? (maybe, before, i need to change size's partition).

https://docs.armbian.com/User-Guide_Getting-Started/#how-to-install-to-emmc-nand-sata-usb

3 hours ago, Igor said:

Welcome!

TNX!!!

Latest and not even supported micro computer is not a good first computer, but o.k.  I hope you do understand that many thing is not working or not working perfectly well at this stage. Some board specific questions might not be answered because things are unknown, changing too fast or related with expensive R&D ...

yes, of course. I have raspberry but it is only for hassio. This SBC is for understand something :) It is too hard, but may be i learn it!! :D:D:D

goood!
I tryed to install orange pi image from official site.... but i thing it don't run very good.
Now, i will try to install Armbian. I think Armbian is very power OS!
But, alredy, i am a noob, so........... Tnx igor, you're kindle

(sorry for bad english!)