Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

constantius

I have been running Armbian_5.83.190502_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.0.10.img since it was released and have no problems so far. I wrote it to the EMMC and everything seems to work apart from the Wi-Fi. Running

cp /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4356-sdio.bin /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio.bin
cp /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac4356-sdio.txt /lib/firmware/brcm/brcmfmac43456-sdio.txt

fixes the Wi-Fi for both 2.4 and 5 GHz. However, the bit rates do not seem to be higher than 54 Mb/s (802.11g).

Iperf3 benchmark had 941 Mb/s on the ethernet port (might be capped also by my router or laptop ethernet adapter).

EMMC gets around 81 MB/s read speed.

Edited by herken

1 hour ago, Erfan said:

And also the display, does it work with the current 5.0.7?

display means HDMI?

1 hour ago, Erfan said:

When will the 5.1 image come? The kernel was released yesterday

whenever someone fixes all the patches which might need an adjustment & proves that the board is actually booting. It probably not top priority to move to 5.1.

Hi Guys...

Very nice work indeed. Never thought the board would make it so far. Just resurrected it from beeing paper weight...

Unfortunately it came to my attention that mdadm (RAID5 support to be more specific) is still not activated to the Kernel. By any chance: There is noone with a compiling environment around able plus willing to compile one with raid activated?

Cheers!

Chuck

2 hours ago, Chuck_Norris said:

Hi Guys...

Very nice work indeed. Never thought the board would make it so far. Just resurrected it from beeing paper weight...

Unfortunately it came to my attention that mdadm (RAID5 support to be more specific) is still not activated to the Kernel. By any chance: There is noone with a compiling environment around able plus willing to compile one with raid activated?

Cheers!

Chuck

back of the queue my firend :P

hdmi sound in the priority)))

2 hours ago, Chuck_Norris said:

Are you really considering building an madm RAID with USB drives?

Technically it is possible but I doubt you'll get anything but problems with reliability.

It's easier than you may think to compile yourself - check out https://docs.armbian.com/Developer-Guide_Build-Preparation/

If you're looking to 'play' with mdadm as a learning exercise then fine, but if you really value your data I'd suggest you should build a 'proper' raid using an x86 board and good quality SATA drives.

On budget SoC boards I'd just rsync my precious data across several physical drives.

5 minutes ago, flybytim said:

From the wording is seems like it would never be supported?

Right ! ... maybe some people will do their own driver modifications according to their needs, but it will not become mainlined ...

Hoping AllWinner won't repeat their mistake in any future SoC ...

6 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Right ! ... maybe some people will do their own driver modifications according to their needs, but it will not become mainlined ...

Hoping AllWinner won't repeat their mistake in any future SoC ...

The one selling point for the orange pi 3 is the PICe what where they thinking.. Oh well any recommendations for an sbc pcie? 

22 hours ago, GeorgeP said:

Are you really considering building an madm RAID with USB drives?

I do and I already did so. I really appreciate building stuff of things I already have around. Plus RAID5 proofed itself as reliable option for me. And please keep in mind: I'm talking about RAID5 and not backup options (when it comes to valuable data).

I just thought some guys here already do have a compilation environment around, able to check "RAID" next time they compile. Just a "pretty, pretty please with sugar on top" question... ;)

Regards

Chuck

3 minutes ago, data said:

Great, thank you! I am just about to update my device. In case it fails I'll let you know...

I've just tested, and I think I found something ... But it will be fixed soon ...

@Igor , it seems that the following missing since a commit from 10 days ago :

+&cpu0 {
+       cpu-supply = <&reg_dcdca>;
+};
+

I have compiled the latest commit b79c38c86ca27c2112dfd0d8274cb3963aadb2f8

it boots failed.

see bootlog serial

[    4.673040] Kernel panic - not syncing: Fatal exception in interrupt
[    4.679386] SMP: stopping secondary CPUs
[    5.724968] SMP: failed to stop secondary CPUs 0-1,3
[    5.729924] Kernel Offset: disabled
[    5.733405] CPU features: 0x002,20002004
[    5.737319] Memory Limit: none
[    5.740370] Rebooting in 10 seconds..
[   15.984039] SMP: stopping secondary CPUs
[   17.029621] SMP: failed to stop secondary CPUs 0-1,3

Really greatful for the latest debian strech version you've made for orange pi 3. Installed openmediavault on it and almost everything works perfect. Only thing is I can't make raid on it.  When I insterted "mdadm --create /dev/md/name /dev/sda /dev/sdb --level=1 --raid-devices=2" it says:

mdadm unexpected failure opening /dev/md127

After a bit of research about the meaning of it, I found out that probably it does not have the RAID subsystem loaded in to the kernel.

Would really really appreciate if next version would include that too :)

1 hour ago, flybytim said:

but do you happen to know what "S-UART" is?

It is not actually provided in any DT nodes ...

I will add it in the following days, directly in main DT, without any needs for overlay.

Then, you will need to take a new nightly image ...

6 hours ago, flybytim said:

but do you happen to know what "S-UART" is?

Job done ! R_UART added, but it need an overlay loaded dynamically using the following code, otherwise it will take place of /dev/ttyS0, preventing using the debug UART since it will be shifted to /dev/ttyS1 ...

mkdir /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/ruart/
cat /boot/dtb/allwinner/overlay/sun50i-h6-ruart.dtbo > /sys/kernel/config/device-tree/overlays/ruart/dtbo