Orangepi 3 h6 allwiner chip

constantius

Hello, I have a problem on Orange Pi 3 with armbian ubuntu 5.83.190426, 5.84.190508

When replug ethernet cable (or reboot router), network speed becomes slow (~64KB/s per connection or something like this) :(

`reboot` helps

`nmcli device disconnect eth0 && nmcli device connect eth0` not helps

When unplug, lights go on (yellow constant, green flashing) 

When power on (boot) without cable plugged, lights off, when plug, lights on, speed fine

Maybe system do not detect correctly ethernet unplug :huh:

What can I do with this problem?

If full fix not easy, is it possible to reboot only ethernet to fix it, without system reboot?

UPDATE: `sudo ip link set eth0 down && sudo ip link set eth0 up` helps to fix without reboot (I thought I tried it before)

Feel free to ask more info if needed

Edited by Vany
partial solution found

I've just tried "Armbian_5.84.190508_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.0"

There seems to be no throttling happening. I've let it go to 96°C with heatsink and no throttling occured. Don't want to go any higher :D
I've tried with different governors, all the same.

Otherwise it seems good. Still needs the wifi fix, and still no sound.

9 hours ago, AZ8 said:

1. How to update opi3 with new builds? apt dist-upgrade?

2. How to turn off red light on op3 board?

1. Not sure if even necessary but check armbian-config to switch to nightly builds. Be aware that this can brick your board at any time.

2. I do not have an OPi3, though an OnePlus which is also shipped with H6 SoC. Try this:

#!/bin/bash
echo "heartbeat" > /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/orangepi:red:pwr/trigger
sleep 2
echo "none" > /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/orangepi:red:pwr/trigger

For unknown reason the board does not accept if I write none directly into the trigger, so I wrote this small script.

3 hours ago, Werner said:

1. Not sure if even necessary but check armbian-config to switch to nightly builds. Be aware that this can brick your board at any time.

2. I do not have an OPi3, though an OnePlus which is also shipped with H6 SoC. Try this:

#!/bin/bash
echo "heartbeat" > /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/orangepi:red:pwr/trigger
sleep 2
echo "none" > /sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/orangepi:red:pwr/trigger

For unknown reason the board does not accept if I write none directly into the trigger, so I wrote this small script.

/sys/devices/platform/leds/leds/orangepi:red:pwr/trigger: No such file or directory

14 hours ago, martinayotte said:

If you mean about the green LED, this other one is /sys/class/leds/orangepi\:green\:status ...

Ah thanks! I do have 2 red LEDs. I tried the change from red to green in the command with the change from power to status. There is no error but it does not switch off the second (red) LED in the corner. 

5 hours ago, SchmuseTigger said:

There is no error but it does not switch off the second (red) LED in the corner.

Strange !

My OrangePi3 has only 2 LED, one red for power and one green for status. A third green LED is also present on bottom side for PCIe, but it is not turned on by default.

All this is also true according to official schematic ...

18 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Strange !

My OrangePi3 has only 2 LED, one red for power and one green for status. A third green LED is also present on bottom side for PCIe, but it is not turned on by default.

All this is also true according to official schematic ...

well, I just looked at the offical schematics and kinda closed them again, no clue, I see that there is 2 LED (Status / Power) but not anything about the colors. But for sure my 2 LED on the board (there is a yellow one on the Network Port in addition) but on the top side of my board there is 2 red. One went off with the code the other one not with the other one (using Status). 

But then again, not that important :)

Hi,

there seams to be an error in the latest upügrade package

dpkg-deb: error: unexpected end of file in archive member header in /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.86.190514_all.deb
dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.86.190514_all.deb (--unpack):
 dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile subprocess returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
 /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.86.190514_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

ls -la /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.86.190514_all.deb
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 544 May 14 18:40 /var/cache/apt/archives/armbian-firmware_5.86.190514_all.deb

file size is only 544 bytes

thanks and keep up this awesome work

Just now, AZ8 said:

So, should I build image on my box with patch to enable it?

Yes, but future betas will also have it since I enable it yesterday. Waiting will also bring it up.

Hi,
I tried to install on my orangepi3 the last image of 05/15/2019

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi3/nightly/Armbian_5.86.190515_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.1.0.7z

But it gives me a panic kernel when it does the boot.
So I've gone back to the old version 5.82.190423

https://dl.armbian.com/orangepi3/nightly/Armbian_5.82.190423_Orangepi3_Ubuntu_bionic_dev_5.0.7.7z

and I've updated with apt-get
When it has rebooted there was the black screen
Before starting the update, the resolution of the display was 1024x768 and its maximum resolution is 1440x900.

How do you restore the resolution of the console to 1028x768? I can access to console from another computer via ssh...

regards

MaX

On 3/30/2019 at 7:45 PM, NicoD said:

Could anyone else check the voltage on USB please? I'm seeing very low voltages of 4.5V idle to 4V maxed out.
I'm using a OPi cable and my 4A PSU from my NanoPi M4. I would like to know if it's my setup. Thank you.
P.S.
With a higher input voltage of 5.3V(vs 5.1V) I get 4.75V idle and 4.5V maxed out.

It's indeed a little low on mine aswell, using the manufacturer's OS it is higher.  I think there is just something set wrong on a voltage regulator? The schematics also seem a little off when it comes to the USB Port: GND is connected to the VCC Pin of the Port and vice versa. I was looking for a voltage regulator there but other than the AXP805 I didn't find one. I looked at the AXP805 Datasheet to see if it could be this one, but as it can't output 5V this can't be it. This leaves 2 options: Either it's connected directly to the 5V Input, so does the armbian OS use that much more power than the manufacturer's OS? Or there is indeed some regulator or protection that is not configured properly at this point.

3 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

The schematic is clearly stating that USB 5V is coming from VDP3/VDP4 which are connected to VCC-5V, therefore directly from DC-IN of the board

The schematic also states that VCC-5V is connected to GND of the USB Connector, thats also not the case here so I am very careful about believing that.

Also in the powertree and the Block diagram it has a 12V in connected to a DC/DC Converter. Looking at DCIN that DC/DC regulator is gone. So I am really careful when it comes to reading this schematics....

4 minutes ago, Flole said:

Also in the powertree and the Block diagram it has a 12V in connected to a DC/DC Converter. Looking at DCIN that DC/DC regulator is gone. So I am really careful when it comes to reading this schematics....

Are you looking at the wrong schematic ?

OrangePi3 != OrangePi-RK3399 !!!

Just now, martinayotte said:

Are you looking at the wrong schematic ?

OrangePi3 != OrangePi-RK3399 !!!

Nope, it clearly says Orange_PI-3 on it, downloaded from the Google Drive. Dated at November 26th 2018.