Htop on xu3/4

memeka

31 minutes ago, memeka said:

The Armbian htop fork doesn’t show the cores frequencies. Is this a known problem? The frequencies are available like on any other computer in the sysfs entries (cpufreq driver).

Seems fine here with htop...

843804501_ScreenShot2019-01-20at7_19_00PM.png.f651bcfa6ec0516342161bc80419ca08.png

Ranting about problems without supplying important/required data is nothing but a waste of time. If you can run the board, please provide armbianmonitor -u 

Spoiler

armbianmonitor.png

9 hours ago, memeka said:

I understand risk beeing banned for providing wrong information!.

hopefully not.. I don't think that we ban people for doing something wrong in their first posts.. :)

I think it's related to this one.

since @@lex version is newer than debians/ubuntus default it will be picked from our repo. Maybe some of the adjustments only worked for big.LITTLE with 6 core systems? Hope that lex can comment on this one. :)

13 minutes ago, chwe said:

hopefully not.. I don't think that we ban people for doing something wrong in their first posts..

Me neither - welcome to make that text a bit more diplomatic :)

13 minutes ago, chwe said:

I think it's related to this one.

That's correct, but without data we can only guess (and waste more time). It's most likely a K4.19.y for XU4 which was downgraded to 4.14.y in the mean time and this error should go away.

8 hours ago, memeka said:

My english is better than that :P

There is/was nothing wrong with the text. Grammatically. It was meant as written in a wish to lower the pressure on support. Not sure if such warnings are very effective - for some people sure, but not for all.

The funniest part of all. We still have no idea what is your system and therefore its impossible to give you any help.

19 hours ago, Igor said:

Me neither - welcome to make that text a bit more diplomatic

https://www.armbian.com/get-involved/

@Igor:

"I understand risk beeing banned for providing wrong information!"

There are a few things wrong :P

1. "I understand the risk of ..." or "I understand I risk ..."

2. "risk being banned" - beeing i believe is more appropriate for raising bees :)

My system is ubuntu 18.04 bionic + kernel 5.0-rc3 :) but like i said, the issue was just permissions ...