Bpi-R1 w/LamoboR1 and disk-activity green led - HELP

ita3bc

Hello,
I just upgraded my system from 3.4.110 to the kernel 4.4.1 (Debian7) by Igor's script (Thanks Igor).

But I have noticed that in this version of the kernel is no longer possible to set the green light to the disk activity.

Is there a way, patch or other to fix it?
Thanks

Fred

It's possible but I am not sure what tip / advice I should give you. Take this as tip, not exact guide:

In mainline, leds are define in "Device Tree", like this:

https://github.com/igorpecovnik/lib/blob/master/patch/kernel/sunxi-next/0010-bananapi_m1_plus_dts.patch#L84-L101

Basically you need something like this in yours and you need to change trigger to mmc0

I think latest builds (not compiled yet / self compile) already have this enabled by default. Once you have leds enabled you can change trigger like this:

http://linux-sunxi.org/Cubieboard/Programming/StatusLEDs

Note that path is different in kernel 4.x

Igor thanks for your response. I realized that I did not specify an important detail: the system will boot from microSD, but the system is located on the first partition of a SSD (sda). With 3.4.110 kernel I had already modified the rc.local activating the green led to the "drive-activity" trigger, just to keep under control sda. But now, with version 4.4.1 in the possible options it is no longer the "drive-activity" ( :wacko: ).
So I was wondering if there is an alternative - the less complicated as possible, because I have no experience if I had to recompile the kernel.
Thanks for the help that you can give me.

Bye

Fred

Aha, there is no SATA drive activity yet as a trigger, possible ... It's kernel related, yes and I am pretty sure this will appear in mainline, sooner or later.

Really a shame to remove this option. More than anything else I do not understand why ... but above all ... I do not understand what induced removing the ability to control the sata, since the R1 comes with the sata port. Mysteries!

Anyway, thanks for your reply and I hope in a future release of the kernel.

Bye

Fred

Really a shame to remove this option. More than anything else I do not understand why ... but above all ... I do not understand what induced removing the ability to control the sata, since the R1 comes with the sata port. Mysteries!

Anyway, thanks for your reply and I hope in a future release of the kernel.

SATA led trigger was never implemented in vanilla kernel, but it was added in non-official linux-sunxi 3.4 kernel branch (code is simple, but is platform dependent). Right now disk activity led trigger is supported only for IDE bus.