Odroid C2 armhf

ulrichD

I'm currently running Armbian 5.60 on an Odroid C2.  Tried the new mainline kernel version (5.71) on the weekend and everything looked fine at first, but when I got to starting one of my docker containers, it failed.  This container uses armhf binaries.

Is there some way of enabling armhf support with the new mainline kernel builds of Armbian, or do I need a custom build now?

I installed docker via armbian-config.

As far as I can remember, I did not have to do anything special to get this working on the 3.x kernel build...

Any pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

Thanks and best regards,

Ulrich

2 hours ago, ulrichD said:

As far as I can remember, I did not have to do anything special to get this working on the 3.x kernel build...

I'm not familiar with the requirements to make that happen, personally, if you can provide a PR against the build system I will test/merge it.  (Or obviously if anyone else reads this and knows the solution)

There is a similar issue here:

"...

Figured it out. Two kernel configuration options were in play:

CONFIG_COMPAT=y

CONFIG_LSM_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=32768

Above is what is required to run armv5tel and armv7hl chroots on aarch64.

Default for the latter option is 65535, which prevents 32-bit binaries from running. Up and running with 4.9.153 now.

..."

18 hours ago, umiddelb said:

CONFIG_COMPAT=y

CONFIG_LSM_MMAP_MIN_ADDR=32768

I checked the kernel configuration of my running system (3.16.57) and indeed: it has these two set as listed.  Thanks umiddleb for pointing that out.  I'll have to wait for the weekend to check the settings of the mainline image.

@TonyMac32 can these be set for the mainline build or does that pose a problem?

Thanks,

Ulrich