Module 'nls_utf8' was missing in armbian 5.70 (4.19.13-sunxi64)

Denis

Armbianmonitor:

Hello!

The same issue was solved one year ago:

Module 'nls_utf8' was missing in armbian 5.3.6 (4.13.16-sunxi64)

Some time ago, the absence of a module was again discovered, without which the 'mount' with option 'iocharset=utf8' fails with error.

The output of: grep -i nls_utf8 /boot/config* is
# CONFIG_NLS_UTF8 is not set

Please include again the module 'nls_utf8' in kernel update.

Thank you very much!

Denis

14 minutes ago, Igor said:

Igor, I do not understand exactly what you had in mind, highlighting the word 'please', then I will explain the situation in more detail.

I have two NAS servers - one based on the Orange Pi Zero Plus, the second QNAP, and I don’t want to see a pair of DLNA servers on the TV and switch between them. I configure MiniDLNA on the Orange Pi Zero Plus so that in addition to its internal folders it will index the remote share, mounted with the help of the Remote Mount plugin for OMV.
Even without being aware of it, but thanks to Contributions and Contributions of many people, I successfully set up such a scheme before, but some time ago I discovered that the option 'iocharset=utf8' causes an error, and without it the names of folders in my native language are displayed incorrectly.
I have no other option but to ask the Armbian developers to correct the situation and to be very grateful to you (including donates).
Many thanks for your hard work!

12 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

He means that you can fork this github https://github.com/armbian/build , do a "git clone" to your local PC, do the appropriate change to the kernel config, commit it into your fork, and then send a PullRequest to Armbian github.

Martin, thank you!

I'm not sure I did everything right, but I tried.

https://github.com/armbian/build/pull/1254

1 hour ago, Denis said:

Martin, thank you!

I'm not sure I did everything right, but I tried.

Welcome !

Seems to be Ok ! But perhaps you should do the same in config/kernel/linux-sunxi64-dev.config too ... (no need to re-do PR, simply a additional commit)

HI i am sorry if i am posting in an old post. I was wondering if this merge would be build available in the next updates. I am asking because i need UTF8 for my cifs mount and my current build does not support it. So do i have to compile this build with utf8 flag y or an update will come?  

Thanks in advance

2 minutes ago, larrougos said:

i need UTF8

It should be fixed via apt-update and upgrade. If not, and you need it, you need to build kernel on your own or use nightly builds.