OrangePi Zero PHP update

Knoxwille

Hello,

I have an OrangePi Zero that installed apache2 and PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1.

I have also a NextCloud server installed.

After update of NextCloud to 15.xx, system status shows me a warning about PHP version.

I have tried update to newest PHP (7.1 or newer) but there is no newer version than PHP 7.0.33-0+deb9u1 on Armbian repo.

Do I have to wait update from Armbian repo or can I update it from PHP's offical releases ?

6 minutes ago, Murat Koyimturat said:

Do I have to wait update from Armbian repo or can I update it from PHP's offical releases ?

You will wait forever since we don't provide anything else beside kernel and several tweaks to the system.

Userland packages come from upstream. If you use Debian, your problem is related to Debian else Ubuntu.

This could be a good start: https://www.google.com/search?q=install+php+7.1+debian+stretch

39 minutes ago, Murat Koyimturat said:

I thought, the armbian team had edited something for compatibility.

I will follow debian stretch distro for updates (armhf-stable I guess)

Thank you.

Armbian team is dealing primarily with development boards. We provide Debian like OS, optimised for those boards but we don't deal with Debian/Ubuntu compatibility issues and problems. We are just a few and we can't nor want cover generic Debian bugs made by thousands of people out there. That would be mission impossible.

Solve problems like I proposed - use Google and refer to "Debian" and you will be able to solve problems.

Armbian Stretch =  (more or less) Debian Stretch with a kernel for this and that board. If you have board related issues, we might be able to help, while if the problem is generic ... you can try in community forums, on Debian forums or by using Google.