New files disappear when restarting power

blackPanter28

Hello everyone. I'm new to Armbian.
If I do not restart or turn off by command (correctly) all the files generated or transferred since it was turned on are deleted immediately.
Why? :huh: Is it normal in Armbian? I use Orange Pi Win Plus 2, how do I deactivate that functionality?

I use it as a remote server.

9 minutes ago, blackPanter28 said:

all the files generated or transferred since it was turned on are deleted immediately.

All files changed in last 10 minutes. That would be normally. If more than 10min, your SD card is dead.

9 minutes ago, blackPanter28 said:

how do I deactivate that functionality?

Do a proper shutdown. If you want to avoid fs corruption in any stage, you need to have full read only file system. This is ofc possible, but it has other limitations - you can't write to it :) 

You can change commit interval from 10m to 0m but it will affect performances. Go to /etc/fstab and remove commit=600 but this will solve only one problem. You still can run into fs corruption due to sudden power cut.

2 hours ago, Igor said:

All files changed in last 10 minutes. That would be normally. If more than 10min, your SD card is dead.

Do a proper shutdown. If you want to avoid fs corruption in any stage, you need to have full read only file system. This is ofc possible, but it has other limitations - you can't write to it :) 

You can change commit interval from 10m to 0m but it will affect performances. Go to /etc/fstab and remove commit=600 but this will solve only one problem. You still can run into fs corruption due to sudden power cut.

Thanks you! It's solved!