Orange Pi One monitor mode?

Vuckovic Milos

7 hours ago, Vuckovic Milos said:

with the onboard wifi

Onboard wifi chips are mainly on the low end which means their drivers are on the baseline functionality.  I am not aware of any board that would support monitor mode.

You will probably need to go with something on USB: 8811AU, 8812AU ... that will work.

It said onboard network as for ethernet, not for wifi, haha i'm stupid... Will get the zero plus 2 h3 after doing some more research about monitor mode on that, thanks guys, I don't want to open another thread, so I'll ask here, does it support monitor mode (Opi zero plus2)???

Hi, so I asked a question about monitor mode for a board that doesn't even have wifi onboard, what a pity... 
I've looked into it more, and I was wondering if these boards will support it (they have onboard wifi)
Orange pi zero h2
Orange pi zero plus h5
Or do I have to opt for the more expensive Opi zero plus2?
Sorry for bothering, I'm quite a noob, haha.

10 hours ago, Vuckovic Milos said:

Orange pi zero h2
Orange pi zero plus h5

1. No monitor mode, most shitty wifi chip ever seen on those boards. Stay away.

2. Possible, but not OOB. You will need to patch/hack drivers.

3. Possible, probably not OOB. You will need to patch/hack drivers. This chip is similar that the one on RPi3 for which IIRC I saw some patches for this function.

I'm quite a noob

In this case its highly recommended to buy 8811AU/8812AU based USB wifi, where this will work plug and play.

Hi, so I asked a question about monitor mode for a board that doesn't even have wifi onboard, what a pity... 
I've looked into it more, and I was wondering if these boards will support it (they have onboard wifi)
Orange pi zero h2
Orange pi zero plus h5
Sorry for bothering, I'm quite a noob, haha.

Although I suggest you to buy one of that dongles if you really want to go with Zero Plus2 be sure to buy the H3 version, since Nexmon doesn't come with aarch64 support

Alright, thanks, looks like I'll buy the opi one+ a usb wifi dongle, May you guys suggest me one that will work and possibly fit in the plastic casing? Also, as cheap as possible (Doesn't have to fit, but It'd be good)

https://www.armbian.com/orange-pi-one/

If you live in EU and Amazon.de is in your reach you only need to click to the red zone and you get best option. In case amazon.de is not the best for you, search around Aliexpress, Gearbest, ... for exact this one. 

Spoiler

8811-ac.png