Nanopi K2 Armbian Stretch As NAS (Ext USB 1TB HDD)

SaiHou

Hello there,

I have 1 Nano Pi K2 S905X SBC with Armbian Ubuntu Bionic Installed. Externally connected with USB HDD (Toshiba 1TB) as a backup storage.

How am I going to configure the Armbian Ubuntu Bionic to become something like Samba / NAS so that I can access the Ext USB HDD via Local IP.  I tried few times and can't made it successfully for 1TB USB HDD as a network drive.

Can someone experts here assist me on this matter? Thanks in advance.

Best regards.

Edited by SaiHou

Hello there,

I would like to build 1 NAS for my Nanopi K2 with Armbian Stretch installed with 1 no of external USB 1TB HDD. 

I have googled and none of it work. I am here to looking for help on this matter. The NAS is as basic as possible with 1 login id & password and can show as a network drive in Windows Network.

Thanks and regards.

2 hours ago, TonyMac32 said:

Is there a problem with the board recognizing the drive, or is the issue in setting up the network share?

Hi TonyMac32,

Thanks for the reply. I googled and followed all the steps but at last type the \\NAS IP and nothing.

At last I shutdown the Pi and re-flash to fresh image and not doing anything until I have a clear picture of how to get it work.

I just need a very simple SBC with Ext. USB HDD as storage, can do the nsync from other NAS to this SBC USB HDD.

Hope to get an info on this matter. Thanks.

Regards.

20 minutes ago, TonyMac32 said:

You didn't answer my question.  I also see this is a double post with one that was already moved to peer to peer.

Hi TonyMac32,

The board can detect the drive.

Device          Boot Start        End           Sectors          Size      Id        Type
/dev/sda1        2048     1953521663  1953519616  931.5G    7      HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Regards.

This is then a peer-to-peer topic, not a board support question.  I've moved it over and merged in your other post.  Things to look for:  Make sure the drive mounts at boot, make sure the samba user has access to the drive, and then set up the share permissions properly.  I have done this using Google as my guide several times (I don't do it enough to memorize the steps)

11 minutes ago, SaiHou said:

Hopefully there is / are experts here to help. But I think the topic will be ended like this.

It is difficult to help if we don't even know what are the issues !

Having a USB HDD attached is quite easy, and having Samba configured also ...

What issues are you facing ?

4 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

It is difficult to help if we don't even know what are the issues !

Having a USB HDD attached is quite easy, and having Samba configured also ...

What issues are you facing ?

Hi martinayotte,

I can't make it work.

I have no idea what & where the problem is.

Thanks again for replying.  

3 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

Can you access the HDD from within a shell ?

Is it a Samba permissions issue ?

If Yes, start by adding a Samba share such as a simple /public folder with R/W permissions for any users ...

Hi @martinayotte,

I already re-flash the sd card into fresh image and no longer can can check.

Before I re-flash the SD card, I can confirm that the drive is connected and detected by the SBC.

Device          Boot Start        End           Sectors          Size      Id        Type
/dev/sda1        2048     1953521663  1953519616  931.5G    7      HPFS/NTFS/exFAT

Anyway, thanks for the help. No idea where and what the problem is as I am not familiar with the linux.

Thanks & regards.