New life for Jide Remix Mini (A64, unsupported)

Lucil

I'm trying to get something beyond Android on a Jide Remix Mini. Originally sold as an "Android PC", it's now unsupported by manufacturer. The configuration is not bad: Allwinner A64 SOC and my unit has 2GB of RAM and 16 GB eMMC. Unfortunately, linux-sunxi lists it as (yet) unsupported.

I'm not that knowledgeable with image building, so any help would be appreciated.

6 hours ago, Lucil said:
Jide Remix Mini

I also own a Jide Remix Mini 2G/16G, but Jide didnt delivered a unlock solution after they dropped the Remix OS-Support for the Remix Mini :(

Remix OS isnt bad with the Keyboard/Mouse/Window-Support :) 

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

According to this link, it seems that this box is only booting in "secure" mode, therefore none of the current Armbian image will work.

Yes, I was thinking of adapting a solution based on

Normally Remix Mini boots from the internal 8/16 GiB eMMC. If an SD card with a valid TOC0 header is present, this will take precedence and the BROM will load code from there. FEL mode is another way to access the device: to trigger FEL mode, there is a button accessible via the pin-hole, located between the SD card slot and the audio jack. A somewhat special USB cable (A male to A male) is needed to connect the upper USB host receptacle to your desktop PC, which is running the sunxi-fel tool.

Instead of pressing the button it is possible to have a TOC0 based bootable SD card image, which switches the device into FEL mode:

... and the rest of the explanation on sunxi website.