Are old kernel sources available?

avovan

Question

Hi Igor,

Thanks for your great work with Armbian. I'm currently using your Armbian4.90 for my Hummingboard Edge v2 (dual), as the newest that does not hang on PCIe initialization. Unfortunately, the OV5640 MIPI module is not compiled in this version (it is compiled in all later versions of kernel 3.14.60).

Have you kept an archive all the versions of your kernel source? Is there any way to get it so we can add and compile a specific module?

Of course, I would prefer if the latest 3.14 kernel could not hang with the PCIe adapter initializing, but this seems to be a pretty difficult issue... I tried the latest one available on the official Armbian site (5.00), and also using your compilation script (which gives me version 5.05 or 5.07 if I remember well). I also tried SolidRun's images.

Thanks!

Alexandre

10 answers to this question

I am aware of those problems but have no solution at the moment. Regarding sources - we don't save sources per build - we have Github and history. If you need older version, you need to remove patches which will not help much anyway. You probably mean old 3.14.x kernel sources: https://github.com/linux4kix/linux-linaro-stable-mx6 and new 3.14.x kernel sources: https://github.com/SolidRun/linux-fslc ?

My HB v2 is in the air so I expect to get it next week, then I'll start to focus on those problems. I'll go on the route to bring camera and HB v2 support  down to "old" 3.14. kernel, which PCI is working good.

Igor, thanks for your dedication to Armbian. I hope you'll get your HB v2 soon. Right now I'm attempting to compile only the modules for the mipi camera, based on the linaro kernel and on an updated config from your 4.90 Armbian 3.14.60. I replaced the /drivers/media/platform directory from linaro with the fslc 3.14.60 sources. Not sure it will work, but I'll let you know... 

Hi again Igor, I just compiled the default branch, and mini-PCIe works well! Thanks again!

Unfortunately, it seems that now the OV5640 module is not recognized anymore... Any chance you could "put it back" in the 3.14 kernel? Previous Armbian 3.14 kernels have it enabled.

Thanks!

Alexandre

Regarding camera. It is enabled and working (supposedly, since I don't have this camera to confirm this) in the kernel where PCI is not working (aka stock FSCL kernel, also available in our cubox DEV branch), from where I took HB2 definitions. This would require some extra work. It could be trivial or I could waste a day on it. Can't afford at the moment. If you need it urgent, try to do it by yourself.