armbian-config -> Install to SATA/USB drive...

There is a bug (not really a bug...) in the copy process with rsync. Please add the -x option to rsync to copy the root file system to a SATA/USB drive.

I have cifs/nfs filesystem from my main (file) server mounted and the installation tries to copy alle the network-drives to the local SATA/USB drive. I was wondering, why the hell the armbian-config says 1020MB to copy (around 3 min.) and after 1 hour it still was running rsync! Yes, it tried to copy hundreds of GB to the local 60GB SATA/USB drive!

And... the script removes all extra fstab entries, so all network filesystem mounts are gone!

Please, correct this bug!

This tool works properly in most cases - it should be run at first boot, then you do your customizations. I can only add note that it has to be run on a clean system while for any serious rework, there are no resources. Feel free to implement if you find out some good way. There is also an intention to make this script from scratch, but idea is stalled for past few months. This project is too big for the people working around it. 

2 hours ago, RSU said:

the script removes all extra fstab entries, so all network filesystem mounts are gone!

Script creates new fstab entries.

Hi,

thanks for the response.

I like to give it a try, but I don't know how I can add my contribution.

I will take a look into this script... let's see, if I can do some help.

Robert

2 minutes ago, RSU said:

how I can add my contribution

Everything you need to know is summed in this document: https://www.armbian.com/get-involved/ or here https://docs.armbian.com/Process_Contribute/

But before you get there, you have to deal with a script. Make useful changes and understand/ask where exactly are some particular sources in the Github.

I wanted to take a look at the nand_sata_install.sh script to see what is being done there. But even on a cleanly installed system I can't find the script.  Is this downloaded online from armbian-config, or where is this script?