invalid cubietruck mac address

Baos

My cubietruck mac address which I am assuming is auto generated is invalid.  Though one would think it should work, other software on routers will not accept the mac as valid, and thus I can not add configurations to it.  We probably need a layer somewhere to create 'valid' mac addresses. 02:C2:07:C0:B7:C7 is the generated mac that my cubietruck is currently using which software claims is invalid. 

Hi Baos,

the mac address is not invalid, but it is marked as a locally administered address. The mac addresses devices usually get from their manufacturer are universally administered addresses. So it seems the SW on your router doesn't like these perfectly valid addresses.

I fear Igor doesn't have an Organizationally Unique Identifier (OUI) to create UAA mac addresses ;), so LAA is the correct way to go.

Bye,

wahlm

My cubietruck mac address which I am assuming is auto generated is invalid.

Based on the SoC's so called SID u-boot generates a unique and persistent locally administered MAC address. You should throw your router in the bin and should also start to think about the relevance of problems you're running into (since hundreds of thousands if not even millions of ARM devices get their MAC address this way)

Based on the SoC's so called SID u-boot generates a unique and persistent locally administered MAC address. You should throw your router in the bin and should also start to think about the relevance of problems you're running into (since hundreds of thousands if not even millions of ARM devices get their MAC address this way)

Just threw my asus rt-ac87u in the bin because I got tired of it malfunctioning.  I no longer like asus products.  So, for the moment I had to turn my cable modem back into a gateway.  That said, I found allwinner owns an OUI

DC446D and applied it.