Xorg HDMI kiosk with audio

morphex@gmail.com

Do you have any special board in mind? If not, I recommend something Rockchip-based or Odroid XU4. With those, you can have GPU acceleration, which can be very useful for a kiosk if your apps use OpenGL, WebGL, etc..

Once you have chosen the board, setting up the kiosk is straightforward: installing an Armbian Desktop image, and then applying the corresponding media-script if you want 3D acceleration.

15 minutes ago, JMCC said:

Do you have any special board in mind? If not, I recommend something Rockchip-based or Odroid XU4. With those, you can have GPU acceleration, which can be very useful for a kiosk if your apps use OpenGL, WebGL, etc..

I have an Orange Pi One, with working OpenGL acceleration.

Once you have chosen the board, setting up the kiosk is straightforward: installing an Armbian Desktop image, and then applying the corresponding media-script if you want 3D acceleration.

Hm. Applying media-script, what does that mean?

Regards,

Morten

Edited by morphex@gmail.com
Missing text

8 minutes ago, morphex@gmail.com said:

Applying media-script, what does that mean?

No, that was for Rockchips and XU4. You need to run a script after installation to enable 3D acceleration in those boards. But the H3-based boards (like your OPi) have it enabled by default.

Well, then, if that's the case, flash an Armbian Desktop image and you are good to go. It depends on how you want to set up your kiosk, but maybe the easiest way is configuring the XFCE menu to auto-hide, and put the icons of the apps you want on the desktop.