Problems confirming new email.

dispo

Hi,

Not sure where to post this so apologies if this is the wrong place.

I currently have a .me.uk email domain and I can confirm addresses if I change them.

However I am in the process of migrating to a .email domain and the confirmation emails never arrive. I am running into minor issues with this domain so this is not unique to Armbian forums.

The vast majority of sites work ok but a rare few claim my email address is invalid or (as with the armbian forum) I never receive anything.

The only way I have been able to post this was to change my email back to .me.uk and confirm via that.

Is it possible to check if the software used for the forums is able to cope with .email addresses? This is the TLD so my email address is of the form john@doe.email

Searching here found nothing but searching google found articles dating from 2017 stating the regex used by some sites to determine if the email was valid used the criteria of 2-4 characters for the TLD which obviously is one way that .email might be deemed invalid.

Many thanks

14 hours ago, dispo said:

Not sure where to post this so apologies if this is the wrong place.

There are no restriction in the forum software whatsoever. We are using https://www.sparkpost.com/ for sending emails and system seems to work as expected. 

This is the only failed .email entry in the logs for past week - if that's you?

550 Unknown user sminc.email	Hard	Invalid Recipient	1 (100%)

Anyway, we can't do anything.