2 2
Angelo Calvão

Lamobo-r1 b53 switch not working with newer kernels

Armbianmonitor:

I know Lamobo-r1 has many problems and that the support ended, but it works fine for me. Everything works fine with kernel 4.14.84-sunxi, however,  when I update the kernel, the b53 switch does not work anymore. I need to update the kernel to add another wifi usb dongle that seems to work only with newer kernels (https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au/issues/272#issuecomment-467983704). Anybody experiencing the same problem? Any ideas for a workaround?

(edited)

Hi,

I'll get access to my R1 again in a few days, so ATM I can't test your issue (it has old Bananian version, I'll switch to Armbian).

But I would like to ask if you could do test the SATA write performance in recent/latest Armbian version.

Ie. the result of the following. It creates a 1 GB testfile and measures the performance:

mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

cd /mnt/
time sh -c "dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=16k count=64k conv=sync" 
rm testfile

Thx

Edited by mutluit
fix

time sh -c "dd if=/dev/zero of=testfile bs=16k count=64k conv=sync"
65536+0 records in
65536+0 records out
1073741824 bytes (1,1 GB) copied, 25,9141 s, 41,4 MB/s

real    0m25.948s
user    0m0.219s
sys     0m10.417s

On 2/28/2019 at 2:31 AM, Angelo Calvão said:

I know Lamobo-r1 has many problems and that the support ended, but it works fine for me. Everything works fine with kernel 4.14.84-sunxi, however,  when I update the kernel, the b53 switch does not work anymore. I need to update the kernel to add another wifi usb dongle that seems to work only with newer kernels (https://github.com/aircrack-ng/rtl8812au/issues/272#issuecomment-467983704). Anybody experiencing the same problem? Any ideas for a workaround?

Hej Angelo which release did you install? since I also would like to run my r1 and not through it away. I installed Xenial_next and it seems to run well except that after some hours the ethernet just seems to stop working its not a fixed time at least I didnt find any yet but its after 3+ hours and before that it seems to work fine ... everthing seems to work even with and sata disk in it

So i was wondering what version you run so that I might install yours and see if it hast something to do with the OS as I dont think its the power supply since I tested many and the issue is allways the same also the powerlevels in the /sys/power/axp_pmu dir look ok so this is a strange issue to me :/

would be happy for some input :thumbup:

I am using this: "Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.31 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.14.84-sunxi".

It works flawless, but I can't update the kernel because of the ethernet. Since I am not an expert, I don't know the issue, everything seems to be recognized on newer kernels but I can't make it work.

On 6/15/2019 at 3:09 AM, Angelo Calvão said:

I am using this: "Welcome to ARMBIAN 5.31 stable Debian GNU/Linux 8 (jessie) 4.14.84-sunxi".

It works flawless, but I can't update the kernel because of the ethernet. Since I am not an expert, I don't know the issue, everything seems to be recognized on newer kernels but I can't make it work.

What exactly is the problem? Would you paste the content of /etc/network/interfaces