Armbian in 3D

NicoD

I tried with less light, it's a bit too dark now. 
I'm now doing one with more light, but a darker background blue. And hopefully less flare in the eyes. 
@guidol I'll do different renders from different points of view too. From now I can let my M4 render the whole day thru with small differences. 
831865295_ArmbianrenderHQ14.thumb.png.86ca2bde0f9e382534c34730d79be0eb.png

6 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

Why do you use Gill Sans instead of Armbian's font?

I thought, "that looks about right". No idea what the font is used by Armbian. Tell me and I'll see to adjust it.
What do you think about the rest? I'm now doing a very good hq render with darker background, and the glare in it's eyes diffused.
It's hard to jugde something yourself when you're looking at it constantly....
Nice to see you care ;) greetings.

22 minutes ago, NicoD said:

I'm now doing a very good hq render with darker background, and the glare in it's eyes diffused.

The render crashed after 1 hour. :( That's what you get for not rebooting before render. I also didn't save my last progress. Good I didn't had to change too much.
I'm running out of memory, I should have used the RockPi4B with 4GB instead my M4 with 2GB. But I still don't have the big heatsink for the RockPi4B. I need it quickly, just like I need the Odroid N2 :)

HQ render finished. Darker sky color, changed the lighting again, changed the camera angle a bit, further and higher. Changed the glare in the eyes.
@guidol Is this better for the eyes and sky? 
I'll also do one at night later, and maybe other themes. I'm quite happy with the way it looks. Now I really want the right font, @tkaiser if you know what font it is...
@Igor Do you like it? I wanted to keep it as clean and simple as possible. But I don't know if this is ok to use, and if you would use it. 
Cheers all, I'm off.

788295766_ArmbianrenderHQ15.thumb.png.dcb2177cc8f1ef7a7387bb5152c286cf.png

19 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

I think clouds are looking like asteroids ... :wacko:

Indeed. I''ll change them tomorrow. I'll make em a bit more translusent, and I'm going to put a bit glow on them so they're white. Good you say it. Now I suddenly see that too, and snowballs been thrown :)
I also already put more detail in the clouds. I had put them a lot more to the front so they'd be lit more...
If I light them from within thats not needed anymore. Maybe a longer cloud and the other right next to it. Otherwise no clouds. We'll see.

The text also needs to spring out a lot more. It must be the first thing you see. Still more work. You are never done with modeling.
Are the colors ok? I'm colorblind and search hex code for everything but I don't know how it looks to normal eyes.
P.S.
Or maybe a moon instead of clouds? Fits with that light now I think. Looks dawn.

38 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Otherwise no clouds. We'll see.

Maybe you can look into snow flakes too ...

38 minutes ago, NicoD said:

You are never done with modeling.

I know ! I´ve done some decades ago with 3D-Studio during early 199x, on a x386/x486 ! It was painful ! :blink:

2 hours ago, martinayotte said:

Maybe you can look into snow flakes too ...

I know ! I´ve done some decades ago with 3D-Studio during early 199x, on a x386/x486 ! It was painful ! :blink:

I just remember all the buzz with pov-ray, but it was like "write a text file" .  was way over my head.    but now i kinda wanna play with it on a farm of sbcs

3 hours ago, ftp-bin2fex said:

Nico why don't you upload an hd download of it

I'll upload everything when ready. I first need to make sure that all used files are collected wih it. I'm a bit sloppy and just use files from my /Documents or /Dowloads. Not the good way, so I'll need to do a clean-up when ready.

I again changed many (small) things. Changed the clouds, changed the snow hight, made the pedestal and letters larger, changed the pedestal color again, base color is now the same as on the armbian forum, and armbian is now the same red as on the forum. It does jump out a lot more.
I moved the project to my pc since it's gotten too big for the M4. I've rendered it in a higher quality (1440p @ 225%). Downside was that the filesize is now 44MB. I can't upload it here, so I converted it to a jpeg with loss of quality.

I still want the right font type to the letters. If anybody knows it....

1962220145_Armbian1440p.thumb.jpg.e928010a5e28caf4d2836ab1e75aa191.jpgI

26 minutes ago, guidol said:

searched in the forum and found:

Thank you. I've visited that page so many times but didn't notice that it's there to download. 
I'll add that tomorrow.  Then I'll take my hands off it. I spend enough time on it, time for something else. It's up to Igor to decide to use it or not.
Greetings.

On 3/5/2019 at 9:51 PM, NicoD said:

What do you think about the rest?

I've a background in graphic design so I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear the answer. Small hint: it reminds of the 'golden age' of DTP 30 years ago.

3 hours ago, NicoD said:

It's up to Igor to decide

This pretty much sums up what Armbian is.

12 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

I'm pretty sure you don't want to hear the answer.

It's not like I would ever have expected a compliment of you.  Your ivory tower is way too high for that. ;)

40 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

I've a background in graphic design

Where were you when the previous wallpapers were made?

I'm no designer, and have no experience. I'm colorblind and have aweful eyesight. I do like modelling, but framing is something I've never done. Without the pippete to choose colors from known places it would all be left grey. So I don't know what it looks like to anyone else. I'm more than used getting laughter and comments on my drawings when young. I rather hear the truth than a fairytale.

Someone asked me if I would like to try make a 3d model, and friendly people then try to do their best. Even if it was months ago it was asked.

I love those old 80's/90's kids shows. The simple artwork and how it's shot. It's things like that I like to recreate. I didn't want it here, but it always seems to get in there. 

51 minutes ago, tkaiser said:

Somebody gotta fill the shoes. Rather Igor than me. I'm thankfull for all the work and time he, you and all the others have put in this. This is/became a big project that comes with many big and small problems. It's a big effort of different people with different thoughts an behaviours to try and find a way, and deside what's priority. Somebody has to decide.  This can clash with others their idea's.
Hasn't life always been since Kindergarden. 

26 minutes ago, NicoD said:

I'll now try some different things.

As I said earlier, maybe you should try to replace the clouds with random snow flakes, random in X/Y position but also in random size as different depths ...

20 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

As I said earlier, maybe you should try to replace the clouds with random snow flakes, random in X/Y position but also in random size as different depths ...

I will try that, I don't think it's easy to do.
I now done a clear background with the color of the current background image. I like this one too.
1605867966_armbiangreybackground21440p.thumb.png.43d01c5ef9734c1de764c2ce3e7cceec.png

23 hours ago, NicoD said:
On 3/6/2019 at 6:42 PM, tkaiser said:

Somebody gotta fill the shoes. Rather Igor than me. I'm thankfull for all the work and time he, you and all the others have put in this. This is/became a big project that comes with many big and small problems. It's a big effort of different people with different thoughts an behaviours to try and find a way, and deside what's priority. Somebody has to decide.  This can clash with others their idea's.
Hasn't life always been since Kindergarden. 

Would you let to setup a poll on the forum?

30 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Would you let to setup a poll on the forum?

I don't see the need for any "ideas earthquake" ...

Some people decide to leave Armbian team, they have their reason, they have their speciality expertises, they have their own reasons to do that, even if we don't agree, it is their own choice, which is volunteer ...

5 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

I don't see the need for any "ideas earthquake" ...

Some people decide to leave Armbian team, they have their reason, they have their speciality expertises, they have their own reasons to do that, even if we don't agree, it is their own choice, which is volunteer ...

The spirit of my question was more around just polling "what logo do you like?" to the masses as a fun thing, not creating a coup or forcing a decision... anyway maybe i wasn't following close enough to chime in appropriately.

I again tried something different.

2128264904_ArmbianBeachIsland.thumb.jpg.be2ff0b9d0bde59ebaccde6de4750b24.jpg

On 3/7/2019 at 3:55 PM, martinayotte said:

I tried snow. It's not easy. I've been cursing for hours on it, but couldn't get it to work correctly. It doesn't work in high quality render engine.

11 hours ago, Igor said:

I would also go for a pool. Its hard do decide which is the best :) 

Thank you, I would love that.
I'm going to try one more in space. I've got the idea what it must look like, now I've got to make it work too.

Last one. Armbian in Space. It's not a high quality render. If you like it, then I can make a high quality one. I'm sick of waiting +1 hour for the render to finish.
I could darken the background a bit more, or maybe choose a better one. But you can get the idea behind it.
If you choose one, then I can make a very high quality 4k render of it.
You can make a choice of which background, and also rounded off or straight lines.
Thank you all. Greetings.
NicoD

650988158_Armbianinspace1080p.thumb.jpg.22037ed963037d76b5f0accf1776be3d.jpg

i dig the space one......  anyway keep 'em up...  like its probably not unreasonable to bundle a few of them on the desktop builds..... like Mate comes with like 10 versions of their logo/theme.

When you feel like you're at a stopping point and are feeling comfortable with things, let me know and we can fire up a poll

8 minutes ago, lanefu said:

i dig the space one......  anyway keep 'em up...  like its probably not unreasonable to bundle a few of them on the desktop builds..... like Mate comes with like 10 versions of their logo/theme.

When you feel like you're at a stopping point and are feeling comfortable with things, let me know and we can fire up a poll

We'll see tomorrow. Yesterday I though I was finished and today I started again. I've just put the space one on my armbian desktop. I use a taskbar on the underside, and the underpart of the letters is covered by it. So I need to raise all the letters a bit, a maybe put the figure a bit lower too for better composition. Thank you.