Armbian in 3D

NicoD

Improved Armbian in space.
Raised the letters, darkened the background and made flames for it's jetpack.
I'll do this one with rounded shapes now to see how it compares.
752079575_ArmbianSpaceFinished.thumb.jpg.f6af41a74ee1c2a5450cef5229941ab8.jpg

1 hour ago, martinayotte said:

True ! :lol: ... I've just committed one more : the OrangePi3 WIP ... :P

I can't wait to have a good working image for that and the Pine H64. Today I tried the new OPi Ubuntu image.  So bad in so many ways. I hope it can be made workable, and that it can perform well. 

58 minutes ago, yam1 said:

But those were supposably soldiers buried alive...

Oh, so they all fossilized while standing up? What a devosion to your emperor to not even "fall dead" :D

21 hours ago, martinayotte said:

You should do a self-built image, it will be faster ...

I've tried to make a build system today. I've gotten so far to get the newest version of vagrant installed and up. But then I clearly forgot about it. I noticed hours later that virtualbox was running. I'm getting closer to building one :)

I've finished the Armbian Terracotta Army. Here is a HQ render of it.
It's maybe too busy, but it's something different.
2132829008_ArmbianTerracotta.thumb.jpg.2c87777c79669c612ebd9f5a33ef6b0e.jpg

12 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Armbian as transportation company (of 1's and 0's)...

This will be my last submission. I've got too many other things to do. Otherwise I would never stop. Cheers.

Man they're all so great.     After the TBD poll is complete would you be able to do like 4k rez friendly renderings of the top 3?

3 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Man they're all so great.     After the TBD poll is complete would you be able to do like 4k rez friendly renderings of the top 3?

Yes. I've got a big heatsink on the way for my Rock Pi4B. That one has 4GB ram vs 2GB of my M4. So with that I can do 4K or higher renders during a week/month of all of them.
I've added all the original .png renders + all the blender files as attachment file. Everyone can do a higher resolution render (8K, 16K, 32K???) if they want. Or play with it a bit.

Here are all of them. These are 1440p but converted to jpg.
Armbian transport
320172504_ArmbianCar2.thumb.jpg.84b2510a4f3ed9a5a6aeb72697b06220.jpg

Snowy Armbian

1677345930_armbianFinished1440p.thumb.jpg.91475f037e85294b5917565b3cbc4d03.jpg

Old school Armbian

389438275_armbiangreybackground21440p.thumb.jpg.daec2bc86cec2dfcdd64bbc36954e72a.jpg

Armbian in space

532385585_ArmbianSpaceFinished.thumb.jpg.58c5f847493f51dfa401c0dbd79f9b92.jpg

Empire of Armbian

1155119355_ArmbianTerracotta.thumb.jpg.dd16fd9f60347d238fe13215a8f8b49f.jpg

Armbian @ the beach

389761071_ArmbianBeachIsland.thumb.jpg.d0c456bfc42960cf695c3e389a6d37f9.jpg

Armbian__Backgrounds.7z

1 hour ago, NicoD said:

I've added all the original .png renders + all the blender files as attachment file. Everyone can do a higher resolution render (8K, 16K, 32K???) if they want. Or play with it a bit.

Sweet.. I installed Blender on my frankendell and doing a 4k on terracota...  Sadly CPU rendering is faster i was hoping my Quadra K620 would make things interested.... but i think its not in an optimal PCI slot anyway.. oh well.

50 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Sweet.. I installed Blender on my frankendell and doing a 4k on terracota...  Sadly CPU rendering is faster i was hoping my Quadra K620 would make things interested.... but i think its not in an optimal PCI slot anyway.. oh well.

Are you using Blender 2.8? That video card should be able to do well. I believe you can use the video card + cpu in 2.8. Only works with NVidia cards.

Edit -> preferences -> system -> cuda

P.S. @lanefu
Most important is the % for good quality. 200% or above. It does take a lot longer but there's more detail. Also the number of render samples. I use 156 since my cpu can't do more at 1440. 192 or even 256 would be better. Again needs more power. For terracotta you'll need a 8GB I think.

4 minutes ago, NicoD said:

Are you using Blender 2.8? That video card should be able to do well. I believe you can use the video card + cpu in 2.8. Only works with NVidia cards.

Edit -> preferences -> system -> cuda

sadly yes yes yes and yes ... i tried like all the things.   perhaps not hard enough or something

I used this build https://launchpad.net/~thomas-schiex/+archive/ubuntu/blender

8 minutes ago, lanefu said:

sadly yes yes yes and yes ... i tried like all the things.   perhaps not hard enough or something

I used this build https://launchpad.net/~thomas-schiex/+archive/ubuntu/blender

You could try to build it yourself.
https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/Building_Blender/Linux/Ubuntu

I haven't tried it on x86 Linux, maybe this works?
https://builder.blender.org/download/

Linux is a lot faster rendering than Windows, so that's good.

22 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Would you be up for doing just one more...?

A Wallpaper of shame for WIP/CSC boards to help people remember they're running something unsupported....

And what had you in mind for that? A construction site would be a bit too much work I think. 
Something obvious but that's doable. If you know something, let me know.

And what had you in mind for that? A construction site would be a bit too much work I think. 
Something obvious but that's doable. If you know something, let me know.
Bleak. Gray scale. Sad pengiun sitting in darkness Then just like words scsttered around like "unsupported" "wip" "csc" "use at own risk" "NOT FOR PRODUCTION" "you're on your own" "unstable"

33 minutes ago, NicoD said:

A construction site would be a bit too much work I think.

I could be simply having a penguin wearing a construction hat and holding a shovel ... ;)

EDIT : ... placed on top of a big block written WIP with black/yellow diagonal bars ...

@lanefu Something like this ok? It's first low res render, I've got to fix a lot of things.

d629179483_UnderConstructionfirstrender.thumb.png.5f769405dfe4466225f1cdc9174056cb.png
Then you can add a banner over it, or big letters like this.

2099029605_UnderConstructionUnsupported.thumb.png.791a3ed195dc88b69045d4a9cdf645d7.png

I can't do dark and grey. Blender is a program of light. Darkness is very difficult.

3 minutes ago, lanefu said:

Those are awesome. Good idea ill add all the words on top with gimp

It's not ready yet. I'm changing the composition and the lighting,.. That one doesn't look good enough yet.

41 minutes ago, martinayotte said:

image.png.c4c9cf644a1a0a1b0d1c94fd4c955bc1.png

Thank you for that. I've added it to the composition.
I like this better, but the light source is from the wrong direction. Always after 30minutes render time when I notice these things. I'll do a new one tomorrow.
1548021858_ArmbianUnderConstruction1440.thumb.jpg.dfd132b765abb9b7c36a9cf588428afb.jpg

Now one more for EOL? A gravestone with one of the background images as picture, a big RIp and some text to explain it's eol.
I can do that tomorrow. Let me know what text would fit to not enrage the user because it's eol.