[S912] Malit T820 - Divers Installations Process

OOKAMI

Hello. 

First of all, thanks for your work and images working for my board :) 

I am working on S912 game board (board is used for an arcade game hardware) and would like to install gpu drivers. 

My issue is I don't find any documentation about from official website (ARM) 

I also wanted to use Panfrost but no documentation exist for installation :(

I visited many site and Learn a little about Deb package and dkms package. 

Now I have a few questions about

Can I install deb without dkms or must I install also dkms? 

How I can install gpu drivers if files like make don't exist on official deb package and cmake command not working

Official provider for Midgard drivers

https://developer.arm.com/products/software/mali-drivers/midgard-kernel

Hope someone can help with this request and thank you for your time :) 

I don't think there is yet an Armbian image for the S912 with full 3D support for the T820 GPU. If you decide to work on integrating full 3D support for Armbian on S912/T820 GPU, I suggest you check the Armbian build process for the Khadas Vim2 and start from there, integrating kernel and user-space drivers one by one.

Hello

Thanks for your answer. 

ARM provide a linux package for Mali T820  as you can see on the picture in attachment. 

Fact is it's really difficult to implement on armbian because no documentation about what exactly needed and how to install it. 

I will take a look on Khadas but I think I will find nothing interesting except if they provide a system with gpu driver implemented. 

Thanks again for your reply 😊🙏

Screenshot_20190305_191950_com.android.chrome.jpg

Yep, those are the GPU kernel driver. But you also need the user space software. That's what the Panfrost people are working on. 

I believe things are coming along on that front, but nothing is ready right now for integration into an Armbian Ubuntu desktop build, as far as I know.

Of course, Armbian Ubuntu desktop works fine on S912 TV boxes, but you just don't have 3D hardware acceleration at the moment, and it could take a year or more for this to happen.