Orange Pi Lite 2 H6 1GB Quad Core Development Board

Michael Hobby

I have recently bought a Orange Pi Lite 2 H6 1GB Quad Core Development Board, it comes with one USB 2.0 Port and one USB 3.0 Port.

I like to connect the HD Web Camera using the USB 2.0 Port or USB 3.0 Port on to that board, and including setting up the Live-Stream using a Wi-Fi on my PC, so do you have Video Tutorial or Instructions for it .

I don’t have Google drive so how can I download instructions for the Orange Pi Lite 2 H6 1GB Quad Core Development Board,

Because the Orange Pi Forums is a joke, I can’t even chat to people on the forums when I am logged in, and I cannot Post my message in the forums regarding about technical help I need.

So can you Please be kind enough to help me with this.

30 minutes ago, Michael Hobby said:

setting up the Live-Stream using a Wi-Fi

this is quite a big wish you have. Did you first read the forums,  if there are compontents or software that works?

1 hour ago, Michael Hobby said:

I like to connect the HD Web Camera using the USB 2.0 Port or USB 3.0 Port on to that board, and including setting up the Live-Stream using a Wi-Fi on my PC, so do you have Video Tutorial or Instructions for it .

What did you try yet?
Did you connect the camera? Did it show up?
You can check this with : ls -ltrh /dev/video*
If it shows up, download mjpg_streamer. Set it up, and ready.
Here how to set up mjpg_streamer: https://www.acmesystems.it/video_streaming
If it doesn't show up, then....... another story.

In addition to @NicoD's response, there is also a snap package for mjpg-streamer. So, once you get an Ubuntu Bionic running on your board, all you have to do is:

$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install snapd
$ sudo service snapd start
$ sudo snap install mjpg-streamer
$ sudo snap connect mjpg-streamer:camera
$ snap run mjpg-streamer

You can get some more instructions with "snap info mjpg-streamer"